Mostar Walking Tour: Orient In The WestWrite a Review
In Mostar, a town built of stone on sheer rock, located on the banks of the torrential River Neretva, and having one of the most beautiful canyons in Europe, you will come face to face with traces of the past in numbers rarely found elsewhere. You will especially be impressed with the abundance and variety of the monuments dating from the Ottoman rule which penetrated furthest west here and, in meeting with Western culture, gave rise to a unique contrast a kaleidoscope of Oriental, Byzantine and Western civilizations.The Stari Most (Old Bridge), which stands alone in beauty and elegance, crosses the River Neretva in a high arch, and is therefore referred to as the petrified crescent.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Excellent value for money
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMostar is the city of contrasts, wide roads, narrow streets, the traditional Kujundziluk (old bazaar) and a contemporary center, a city in which the culture and art of the east and west meet, which have left visible traces that have withstood the test of natural forces and rulers. Next to modernly built edifices there rise the towers of churches and the minarets of mosques. Nonetheless, the most magnificent stone monument is the Stari Most (Old Bridge), built in 1566 according to the plans of Hayruddin, the great Turkish architect of the 16th c. It has a large stone arch and the monument has been entered on UNESCO's World Heritage List.
Ottoman house or Bišćevića corner, is one of the most beautiful preserved residential structures from the Turkish period. It was built in 1635. Throughout the house one can see original household items whilst the courtyard is a fine example of the Ottoman style. Upon arrival you will be welcomed with homemade juice.
This tour visits the following sites:
- Spanish Square (Gymnasium)
- Musala Square
- Turkihs bath (outside)
- Karadjoz-bey mosque, the largest and the most beautiful Mosque in Herzegovina (outside)
- Ottoman house (Bišćevića corner) 1635. (entrance included)
- Old part of town Kujundziluk
- Croocked bridge
- The Old Bridge
Inclusions for Mostar Walking Tour: Orient In The West
- Entrance fee (Ottoman house - Biscevica Corner, with refreshment included - homemade rose juice)
- Walking tour
- Professional authorized guide
Exclusions for Mostar Walking Tour: Orient In The West
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.