Motown The Musical Theater Show - London
OverviewLose yourself in the story and sounds of Motown at the Motown The Musical show at London’s Shaftesbury Theatre. This rousing musical tells the story of Motown founder, Berry Gordy, from his beginnings as a featherweight boxer to fabled music mogul at the head of the iconic Detroit-based record label. Enjoy Motown tracks such as ‘I Heard It Through The Grapevine,’ ‘My Girl,’ and ‘Dancing in the Streets,’ all performed by an exceptional cast and 18-piece orchestra. It's a truly soulful musical sensation, not to missed while in London!
- See a show on London's West End
Know More about this tourMake your own way to the Shaftesbury Theatre in central London to enjoy this life-affirming musical show, based on the hits of the Motown record label of the 1960s and '70s.
Your ticket guarantees you seats for the show, so you will enjoy excellent views, and every moment of the performances and songs that made Motown one of the world's greatest musical sensations.
Watch transfixed as you learn how, with just $800 borrowed from his family, Berry Gordy turned his back on a career as a featherweight boxer and became one of the worlds greatest music moguls.
Follow his story as he discovered acts such as The Supremes, the Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and many more. And as the show unfolds, enjoy tens of Motowns most-loved hits such as Dancing in the Street, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, My Girl, and more, all played by an 18-piece orchestra.
You have the choice of two seating options for the performance inside the Shaftesbury Theatre. Standard seats offer a good view of the stage and are usually located in the rear stalls or dress circle. Alternatively, opt for top-priced seating and enjoy a full view of the stage.
Make your memorable evening even more special by upgrading to enjoy a pre-show, 2-course dinner at the Spaghetti House, Haymarket. Serving classic Italian fare, the Spaghetti House offers dishes to suit every taste and is located right in the heart of London's theater district. See the Itinerary below for a sample menu.
Inclusions for Motown The Musical Theater Show
- Theater ticket
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- 2-course pre-show dinner (if option selected)
Exclusions for Motown The Musical Theater Show
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Sample Dinner Menu:First course (choice of one):
- Alette di pollo: spicy chicken wings with a tomato, garlic and acacia honey glaze
- Insalata arcobaleno: rainbow salad of chopped seasonal vegetables and mixed leaves
- Pesciolini: golden fried whitebait dusted in paprika
- Bruschetta pomodoro: toasted rustic bread topped with chopped Roma vine tomatoes, basil, oregano and extra virgin olive oil
Main course (choice of one):
- Spaghetti polpettine: spaghetti and meatballs with porcini mushrooms and plum tomato sauce
- Penne al pesto: penne with fresh homemade basil pesto, potatoes, crushed pine nuts and virgin olive oil
- Petto di pollo Milanese: slow-fried chicken supreme coated in bread crumbs with fried potatoes
- Salmone arrosto: salmon fillet from Loch Duart, served with marinated tenderstem broccoli and rosemary potatoes
Please note: the above menu is a sample only and subject to change without notice
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Wheelchair locations are available on a request basis only
Seats are assigned by the theater box office and will not be known in advance of the performance date
You Might Also Like
- BIG London Attraction Ticket Including Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Aquarium, London Eye and Shrek's Adventure! London
- Private Minivan Arrival Transfer from Southampton Cruise Terminals to Heathrow Airport
- Small-Group Dessert Walking Tour in London
- West End Musical Theatre Walking Tour in London
- Private Transfer: London to Oxford Bicester Village for Shopping for Up to 4 Passengers
- London Photography Tour at Night