Day 1: Surabaya Bromo Area
- Pick-up from Juanda International Airport/hotel in Surabaya
- Travel to Mount Bromo area
- Visit Madakaripura Waterfall (only for groups with morning pick ups before 12 noon)
- Check-in to Bromo Terrace Hotel
- (Optional Leave at 10pm for the milky way tour on a private jeep. Additional charges apply)
- Leave accommodation by shared 4WD jeep at approximately 2:30am -3am to see the spectacular sunrise from vantage point, Penanjakan, at 3:30am. This will be a shared jeep and include local bromo guide/driver.
- Continue by 4WD jeep to Hill of Love for a photo opportunity. Proceed to Bromo Crater through the Sea of Sand.
- At the crater, you can go on foot or horse/pony ride (rent). The trip around 20 minutes. Climb a flight of stairs for 10-15 mins to reach the rim of Bromo Crater.
- Travel to Ijen area and reach around 4pm. Have lunch at local restaurant en route to Ijen.
- Check in to Ijen View Hotel & Resort
- Checkout around 12:00am and travel to Paltuding area with breakfast on-the-go.
- Reach Paltering permit post at approximately 2:30am, before hiking to Ijen peak.
- At the peak , we will be able to see the famous Blue Flame Sulphur of Ijen. The Blue flames are dependent on the moon light and rain, thus sightings cannot be guaranteed (as with other natural phenomena) but we will bring you to the vantage view point.
- At the break of dawn, if weather permits and it is deemed safe to do so by the authorities, you can walk down to the rim of the Ijen Lake. You can enjoy the morning lake view of Ijen and walk back to the Ijen peak before returning to Paltuding.
- Return to hotel for shower around 9am and have breakfast.
- Travel back to Surabaya city. The journey by car is about 6-7 hours. (Optional but highly recommended: take the 45-min 1 hour flight back to Surabaya from Ijen. Flight departs at 1315pm in Banyuwangyi and arrives at 1415pm in Surabaya)
*Exact timings and sequence are subject to change depending on the conditions of the day. Our guide will discuss with you to decide. However, we do intend to keep as much as possible to the itinerary stated above.