Please note that an off season Mount fuji climb is not a tour, and certain fitness level and hiking experience is required to be able to participate. Also anyone without appropriate equipment will not be permitted to climb. We are able to help arrange rental equipment for almost all items.
A certified mountaineering instructor will lead you up to the summit of Mount Fuji. Along the way, usually around the 8th station, we do a crampon and ice axe practice session so you can learn the basic skills for heading up to the summit.
Crampons and Ice Axe are provided at no additional charge.
- 5:30 a.m. Pickup at Shinjuku Station
We will stop for breakfast at a service area on the way to the mountain and you can buy hiking food at this time as well.
- 7:30 a.m. - We'll arrive at the 5th station of the Fujinomiya route, prepare are gear and start up the mountain.
- 12:30 p.m. - Arrive on the summit take some photos then head down
- 3:30 p.m. - Back at the car, and start driving back towards Tokyo
- 19:00 - Arrive back at Shinjuku
- **Please note the return time is not guaranteed, and will depend on traffic conditions as well as the groups speed at climbing and descending the mountain.
Please do not wear any cotton on this day, synthetics are best as they dry quickly and will keep you warm even when wet.
- Sturdy waterproof hiking boots
- Long synthetic pants (nylon is great)
- Long sleeve synthetic shirt
- Fleece Insulating layer
- Bring some base layer like heat-tec
- Rain jacket and rain pants
- Snacks and food for about 8 hours of hiking
- Backpack to carry everything (No shoulder bags or hand bags)
- Sunglasses / Goggles
- Trekking Poles (optional)
- Be able to carry an 7kg backpack (15 pounds) for 8 hours
- Be able to ascend steadily 1,400 meters (4500 feet) for 5 hours
- Ability to descend a 30 degree snow or rocky slope for 3 hours
- You should have good balance on uneven terrain
- Recent hiking experience on mountains with a minimum of 1,000 meters (3,000 feet) of elevation gained in one day - This should be within 1 month of your Mt. Fuji Climb