Mount Fuji Snow Climb Introduction To Mountaineering - Tokyo
OverviewClimbing Mt. Fuji while it is still covered in snow is definitely the best opportunity to experience the mountain in it's most natural conditions, without crowds, roped off paths, or vending machines. Beginner snow climbers are capable of completing this objective with some basic instruction, and we manage risk by climbing during the spring season when the snow is soft and the consequences of a slip are minimal.We descend the mountain on sleds when the snow conditions are ideal.Crampons and ice axe are required for this trip and we have cheap rentals available. We will provide you basic instruction that will allow you to ascend the peak safely.Snow climbing is only available betweenMayand June.
Know More about this tourPlease note that an off season Mount Fuji climb is not a tour, and certain fitness level and hiking experience is required to be able to participate. Also anyone without appropriate equipment will not be permitted to climb. We are able to help arrange rental equipment for almost all items.
A certified mountaineering instructor will lead you up to the summit of Mount Fuji. Along the way, usually around the 8th station, we do a crampon and ice axe practice session so you can learn the basic skills for heading up to the summit.
Crampons and Ice Axe are provided at no additional charge.
- 5:30 a.m. Pickup at Shinjuku Station
We will stop for breakfast at a service area on the way to the mountain and you can buy hiking food at this time as well.
- 7:30 a.m. - We'll arrive at the 5th station of the Fujinomiya route, prepare are gear and start up the mountain.
- 12:30 p.m. - Arrive on the summit take some photos then head down
- 3:30 p.m. - Back at the car, and start driving back towards Tokyo
- 19:00 - Arrive back at Shinjuku
- **Please note the return time is not guaranteed, and will depend on traffic conditions as well as the groups speed at climbing and descending the mountain.
Please do not wear any cotton on this day, synthetics are best as they dry quickly and will keep you warm even when wet.
- Sturdy waterproof hiking boots
- Long synthetic pants (nylon is great)
- Long sleeve synthetic shirt
- Fleece Insulating layer
- Bring some base layer like heat-tec
- Rain jacket and rain pants
- Snacks and food for about 8 hours of hiking
- Backpack to carry everything (No shoulder bags or hand bags)
- Sunglasses / Goggles
- Trekking Poles (optional)
- Be able to carry an 7kg backpack (15 pounds) for 8 hours
- Be able to ascend steadily 1,400 meters (4500 feet) for 5 hours
- Ability to descend a 30 degree snow or rocky slope for 3 hours
- You should have good balance on uneven terrain
- Recent hiking experience on mountains with a minimum of 1,000 meters (3,000 feet) of elevation gained in one day - This should be within 1 month of your Mt. Fuji Climb
Inclusions for Mount Fuji Snow Climb Introduction To Mountaineering
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
Exclusions for Mount Fuji Snow Climb Introduction To Mountaineering
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 1-Day Mt Fuji Bus Tour and Fuji Airways 4D Experience
- Private Custom Shopping Tour with a Geisha
- Private Harajuku Omotesando Architecture Walking Tour
- Private Tour: 4-Day Best of Tokyo and Kyoto Including Tsukiji Market, Gion and Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Shinjuku Golden Gai Food Tour
- Day Trip to Lake Motosu Including Strawberry Picking from Tokyo