Mount Pilatus Photography Day Tour - Lucerne
OverviewThis full guided private photography day tour to Mount Pilatus will take you to some of the best locations in Switzerland which offer the best image opportunities. The photographic journey is designed by a professional photographer based in Central Switzerland. Life-enriching adventures and breathtaking alpine landscapes all included. We guarantee you will get back home with long lasting memories. All Camera skill levels are Welcomed!
- Led by a professional photographer
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Family friendly
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tour
Pilatus Kulm, a mighty 2,132 meters above sea level, is renowned as one of Switzerland's most spectacular viewpoints. The world is literally at your feet when you stand here, and the panoramic views from any one of the three peaks (Esel, Oberhaupt and Tomlishorn), are especially impressive.
After a boat trip on Lake Lucerne, you can look forward to a spectacular ride on the world's steepest cog railway which will take you through fascinating rock faces, sparkling mountain streams and lush meadows carpeted with Alpine flowers to the top of Mount Pilatus. From an altitude of (7000 ft / 2132 m) you will enjoy an unforgettable view over the surrounding mountains and lakes. Once on top we hike the Flower Trail for 35 min to the top of Tomlishorn (the highest peak of Pilatus at 2128m\m) where on a clear day you see the roof tops of the Swiss Alps and even see the famous peaks of Eiger, Moench,Jungfrau and Mt Titlis in the distance. If we are lucky, we may even encounter a few wild Capricorns along the way. For this hike we recommend sturdy hiking shoes as the narrow roped path consists of uneven granite rocks.
Below the Oberhaupt, there is an artificial cliff gallery, 500 m in length, with magnificent views of the country below and a Dragons' Path designed by the artist Hans Erni. A variety of restaurants and hotels ensure that visitors to Pilatus Kulm are well looked after.
You may then descend back down to lower elevations by taking the exhilarating 5-minutes ride by the new aerial cableway Dragon Ride , with jaw dropping views out of the panoramic windows, especially designed to give the feeling of flying. Afterwards you change into the panorama gondolas which take you down to the Valley Station Kriens. A 5-minute walk and a 10-minutes bus ride takes you back to Lucerne, thus completing the convenient circular journey.
Inclusions for Mount Pilatus Photography Day Tour
- Travel, landscape & nature photography guidance
- Professional photographer guide
- Full Escorted Private tour
- Professional, multilingual guide English, Spanish, German
- Professional Photography shooting on location
- Private on-line gallery
- 30 post processed images with professional photography software
Exclusions for Mount Pilatus Photography Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Photography equipment
- Transportation cost per person round trip from Lucerne (boat in 1st class, cogwheel train, dragon fly, gondolas and bus) CHF 120; children and Swiss Travel Pass CHF 60
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
*Seasonal program changes: From MAY, 2018 till OCT, 2018
Operated by a multi-lingual guide
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Tour price is per tour and not per person
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Travel Cost per person is not included: CHF 120 including Boat trip in 1st class, Cogwheel railway and Gondolas
50% off on travel costs with the Swiss Travel Pass
Is this Tour for you?
This tour is intended for amateur as well as serious photography enthusiasts with an interest to visit and photograph the beauty of the Swiss Alps together with its many traditions and culture . No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as your photographer-guide will be there to assist you at every level. You may carry any camera a simple aim-and-shoot or a DSLR. Travel enthusiasts who are not photographers but keen to experience the multiple facets of Switzerland can also benefit from the tour.Can I bring my non-photographer partner with me?
Yes, you can. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland. Having a good time during the trip is as much on the agenda as photography is. Your partner will enjoy the journey with us.I am not a keen photographer. But I want to visit Switzerland. Can I still join?
Yes. The answer is exactly the same as in the case of previous question. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland with a spectacular natural wonders, we witness the best Alpine Festivals during the whole year and always with the idea in mind of having long lasting memories in all our photo tours. For us fun is as much on the agenda as photography is!
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 1.5-Hour Small-Group Nightwatchman Walk in Medieval Lucerne
- Lake Lucerne Panoramic Sightseeing Cruise
- Swiss Chocolate Adventure Experience at Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne
- 2-Day Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Tour from Lucerne: Interlaken or Grindelwald
- Jungfraujoch Top of Europe Day Trip from Lucerne