Day 1: Lombok Airport Senaru Village
- Pick-up at Lombok international Airport and transfer to Sembalun, a 2-3 hours drive.
- Travel through Mataram City and drive past Senggigi Beach.
- Check in at one of the pre-booked accommodations; meet your guide and porters; get briefed about the mountain trek including dos and donts.
- Relax with free-and-easy time in Sembalun.
- Rest well and prepare for the hike up to Rinjani.
- Early rise and shine in hotel and start the trip at 6-7am.
- Register at the Rinjani Information Centre (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang. Start the trek with gentle ascent walking through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300m). Rest and enjoy the summit views of Mt. Rinjani from here. The journey takes about 2-3 hours of hiking.
- After rest, proceed onto Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) which is about 1 hour walk up from Pos 1 Pemantauan. Move onto Pos 3 Padabalong (1,800 m) which takes around 1.5 hours. You will reach this point around 1 pm. Rest and Lunch.
- After lunch, continue the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639m); this is a 3.5-hour climb amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps catching a glimpse of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys along the trek to the camp site at Plawangan Sembalun (Sembalun crater rim 2,639 m).
- Reach the camp site around 5pm, pitch your tent and enjoy the views of the crater rim. Dinner is served at the camp site. Rest and prepare yourself to wake up early for the trek to the Summit on the following day.
- Wake up early and start the trek at 03:00 AM to the summit (3,726 m), a moderately difficult trek trail on volcanic screens, some parts are steep and with loose sand. It takes around 3 hours to reach the summit.
- Once there, revel in satisfaction and be awed by the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mt. Agung and Sumbawa.
- Stay at the summit for 30 minutes to 1 hour to enjoy the views around and then descend to the campsite Sembalun crater rim via same route.
- Rest and have breakfast at the campsite. After a well-prepared breakfast, descend with gentle walk to Sembalun Village passing Pos 3 Padabalong (1,800 m), Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) and Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300). Lunch served en route.
- After about 6 7 hours trek down from Sembalun Crater rim, the trek ends at Rinjani Information Center at the road head in Sembalun Lawang, where the car is waiting to transfer you to the airport, Senggigi, Bangsal or Mataram. It will be around 6-7pm in the evening at this point.
- * We would recommend a night stay in a nice hotel in Mataram as a form of relaxation after a long hike.
Our tour ends here.