Mount Sinai And St. Catherine 1 Day Tour - EilatWrite a Review
Tour Mt. Sinai and St. Catherine with our professional guides. Climb Mt. Sinai at night to reach the top and view the beautiful sunrise. This is the mountain where Moses was said to have recieved the Ten Commandments. Book today!
Minimum 3 participants
- St. Catherine monastery
- Mount Sinai
Know More about this tour
Itinerary Mount Sinai and St. Catherine Monastery 1 Day Tour
Mount Sinai is the holy mountain that is very sacred to many religions. It is the mountain that is said to be the place where Moses recieved the Ten Commandments. The St. Catherine's Monastery is located 1500 meters up the mountain, The monastery is one of the oldest working monasteries in the world today. It was built around 548, and it also has one of the oldest libraries in the world. A city has popped up around the monastery with hotels and pools. The monastery is surrounded by walls that fortify it, and has kept it from destruction unlike other buidings that were built on the mountain.
It is mentioned many times in the Bible and the Quran. Climbing Mount Sinai during the night, you will see the magnificent sunrise (according to the Christian tradition a person who climbs Mount Sinai and sees the sunrise is reborn and all sins are forgiven).
The morning after is dedicated to a visit in the ancient monastery of Santa Katarina. Arriving at St. Catherine, we will visit the famous St. Catherine’s Monastery, including the Church, dated back to the 6th Century , “The Burning Bush," and “Jethros' Well."
After lunch in a tourism class restaurant, we will drive back to Eilat, stopping by
a few interesting sites on the way, depending on the remaining time.
Minimum 3 people
We leave Eilat at 22:00 pm and we will be coming back the day after in late evening.
Inclusions for Mount Sinai And St. Catherine 1 Day Tour
- Meeting and assistance at the border
- Tour guide
- Entrance fees.
- Pick-up and drop off
- Group tour
Exclusions for Mount Sinai And St. Catherine 1 Day Tour
- Departure tax,
- personal expenses,
- Private insurance.
- Other meals
- We recommend that you have cash money available for border fees and tips.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.