Mount Vernon Admission Ticket - Washington D. C.
OverviewVisit George Washington's Mount Vernon and take a self-guided tour of the first American presidents historic estate. You can stroll through the 18th-century gardens and grounds; check out the gristmill and whiskey distillery (open April - Oct); explore the elegant mansion and Washington family tombs; and see short films and interactive exhibits on display at the museum. Select from multiple mansion-viewing times to suit your schedule.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMount Vernon once home to the United States' first president, George Washington is located just outside Washington, DC. With your admission ticket, you may spend as long as you'd like there on a visit that includes the mansion (most visitors spend at least three hours at Mount Vernon). Your time at the estate is flexible except for entering the mansion, which is done at preselected time slots; choose a specific time when booking.
When you arrive, exchange your Viator voucher for a ticket and then, while in the Ford Orientation Center watch an introductory film that presents a historical overview of key points in Washingtons life. Visit the Donald W. Reynolds Museum and Education Center to see a collection of more than 700 objects, including Washington's dentures, and immerse yourself in the Revolutionary War 4D theater, where cannons make the seats rumble and snow falls, to learn more about Washington's leadership during the war for American Independence.
Take a complimentary shuttle to Washington's merchant gristmill and the whiskey distillery (open from April through October), which both generated substantial profits for the Virginia gentleman farmer. You can also explore the Pioneer Farm a five-acre site where Washington's progressive farming practices came to life and walk among the English-style garden and grounds. Be sure to pay homage to the president and first lady at the Washington Tomb.
At your prebooked time, head to the mansion, an iconic, red-roofed residence that began as a modest farmhouse in 1735. Admire the architectural features and design of the now-resplendent 21-room home. Time inside the mansion is typically 15 to 35 minutes.
Inclusions for Mount Vernon Admission Ticket
- Admission ticket
- Mansion-viewing time slot
Exclusions for Mount Vernon Admission Ticket
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.