This course is geared towards people who want to learn the basics on their mountain bikes. The course consists of on- and off-the-bike instruction and riding. The morning hours of the clinic will consist of outdoor classroom lesson instruction and bike handling drills. The afternoon hours of the clinic will consist of a moderate level 6-8 mile ride through the famous trails of the Santa Cruz Mountains!
Specific instruction will be given on:
- General Bike Fit Guidelines
- Mounting and Dismounting Technique
- Body Position, Focus and Balance
- Pedaling techniques
- Braking Techniques
- Climbing Technique
- Cornering Techniques, on uphill, downhill and switchbacks
- Bike Handling Drills
- Trail Repair, fixing a flat, and chain maintenance.
- Trail Etiquette and general discussion on bike anatomy, hydration, eating, recommended bike clothing for the micro-climates of Northern California as well as stretching and conditioning.