Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve From San Ignacio
OverviewEscape the heat of the lowlands and explore the nature reserve of the Mountain Pine Ridge. Discover where cool rivers flow through pristine forests and caves while waterfalls provide beauty and mystery. Swim, hike, and relax in the natural scenery on an outing into the more remote areas of Cayo District. Here ancient ruins and ancient geology combine in a modern setting for an amazing experience in nature!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe Mountain Pine Ridge reserve is over 100,000 acres of protected forest. It is comprised mainly of Honduras pine and some wetlands, the Macal River valley and some subtropical forest. The area is mainly granite and limestone, and is home to numerous rivers, springs, waterfalls and caves. This is truly a nature lovers haven! There is a small forest ranger post and very little habitation, except for a couple of isolated Maya communities and a small settlement of Mennonites. A former logging settlement at San Luis is now abandoned because the area has been protected since the 1940s.
This stunning and unique natural habitat is home to numerous bird and mammal species, and is a great place for birdwatching and enjoying the peace of the natural environment. The first feature of the reserve that we will explore is the Rio Frio Cave, the source of the Rio Frio river and the largest cave entrance in Belize. Our next stop is the Rio On Pools, a series of shimmering natural swimming holes and rock water slides that allow for cooling relaxation and meditation. Enjoy a water massage from cascading waterfalls that run over a wide river bed and smooth granite rocks.
Take a homemade picnic lunch break at the pools followed by a short drive to our next destination, the fabulous Big Rock Falls, a 150-foot waterfall on Privassion Creek. Here, the cool spray of mist from the waterfall refreshes swimmers in the clear, deep pool below. This day of hiking, spelunking, swimming and possible wildlife watching is not to be missed!
Inclusions for Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve From San Ignacio
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Lunch with a drink
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transfer
- Rum punch
Exclusions for Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve From San Ignacio
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
What to bring: Hiking sandals or trainers, towel, small backpack, liter of water, bug spray, snacks, swim wear with shorts, camera
Difficulty: Easy to moderate
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.