Mountain Star - Lisbon
OverviewExplore Serra da Estrela, a mountain range with a extraordinary fauna and flora. With this trip from/to Lisbon you get to know the regions human, cultural, historic and gastronomic wealth. Be enchanted by the glacial troughs and the fantastic landscapes.
Know More about this tour
We will begin our trip leaving Lisbon early, having as first stop to Covilh, land of the wool industry, of labor, a cradle of several discoverers such as Diogo Alves da Cunha and Pro da Covilh.
Visit to the historical center.
Today with one of the most important Portuguese Universities.
Time now to climb the Torre, the highest point of Continental Portugal with 1993 meters high.
The Serra da Estrela is one of the few Portuguese regions blessed with snowfall, and is covered every year with an extensive white mantle in the height of winter and the only ski resort in the country.
The lowest temperatures in Portugal are usually recorded at the summit of Serra da Estrela, with minimum temperatures occasionally reaching -20 C in winter.
Here you can rent your equipment and try one of the different slopes and try not to fall !!
The story goes that this parish arose from a cluster of shepherds huts that used the pastures for their sheep and goats.
At the end of the 19th century, the penetration of Serra da Estrela began to occur through scientifically organized excursions.
The Sabugueiro became a mandatory station or point of support and passage for the explorers. From village ignored, it became very well known.
Seia Bread Museum
Time to visit and know one of the products that makes Portugal so well known in the World, yes the bread.
The Bread Museum, based in Seia, is a private museum that aims to collect, preserve and display the objects and heritage of Portuguese bread.
From that year 1996 until its opening, on September 26, 2002, the collection was carried out, whether through purchase in antique dealers, booksellers and auctions, or through donations.
In a place like the Serra da Estrela it is impossible to forget its typical gastronomy, having as main actor the Cheese of the Mountain and the sausages (typical chorizo).
Return to Lisbon with the certainty of a well spent day.
Inclusions for Mountain Star
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Mountain Star
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best Live Fado Show in Lisbon: 'Fado in Chiado'
- Horse Riding Tour on the Beach
- Wifi everywhere in Lisbon
- Discover Lisbon in a Delicatessen Private Food Tour
- Day Trip to Lisbon Gay Beach 19
- Arrbida Full day tour - Discover a paradise with a local
- Lisbon Stories private tour_ half day with transportation
- Yacht Sailing Tour on The Tagus River from Lisbon