OverviewEnjoy a relaxing afternoon tour from Taormina or Messina province to taste regional Sicilian wine and appreciate the gorgeous scenery around Mt Etna. First, visit an acclaimed winery on the slopes of the ancient volcano, and sample volcanic wine paired with typical Sicilian bites. Follow your wine tasting with a visit to the ancient village of Linguaglossa, set on a rocky spur overlooking beautiful Alcantara Valley.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourAfter a pickup from select hotels in Taormina or in Messina province, relax on your scenic coach journey along Sicily’s eastern coast, past varied landscapes, gardens and traditional villages including Fiumefreddo di Sicilia. Then, head inland toward the cities of Piedimonte Etneo and Linguaglossa. Rising in elevation, enjoy views of Mt Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage site that dominates the Sicilian landscape.
Arrive at the renowned Gambino winery where you can enjoy an informative tasting session, led by a local wine expert, and learn how the soil of this high-elevation region contributes to the flavors and aromas of Gambino wine. Enjoy a panoramic view of the vineyard as you sample red and white wine paired with typical Sicilian bites, such as cheese and olives.
After your wine tasting, continue driving up to the ancient village of Linguaglossa, a typical village on he slopes of mount Etna. The visit will start by admiring the Dome of Santa Maria delle Grazie, with its beautiful façade decorated with lava stone. Return to your Taormina or Messina province hotel in the evening.
Inclusions for Mt Etna, Wine Tasting And Village Tour From Taormina
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Wine tastings with snacks
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Mt Etna, Wine Tasting And Village Tour From Taormina
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.