Mt Etna Wineries Tour From Taormina
OverviewWith a professional sommelier as your guide, visit three wineries on the slopes of Mount Etna and experience the excellence of Etna Doc wines. Learn about the specific characteristics of the terroir and the effect that Mediterranean climate have on the cultivation of the vines. Travel by minivan through the rocky landscape of Etna and finish the tour at a family owned antique winery and enjoy a homemade lunch served in the villa’s garden.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Fully narrated tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourSicily has always had an extraordinary food and wine culture and this wine tour aims to give you a full understanding of all that this fertile land has to offer.
Travel in a comfortable minivan from Taormina through the rocky landscape of Etna to visit three different wineries on the slopes of the volcano, we will tell the stories of the men who have worked passionately to make Sicily an internationally renowned wine region. We will walk you through the specific characteristics of the terroir and the effect that the Mediterranean climate and the vicinity to the sea have on the cultivation of the vines.
You will learn all about the wine making process - from the harvesting of the grapes to the bottling and aging of the wine which are all carried out with typical Sicilian devotion and love.
We start the tour by visiting a beautiful winery extending from 650 to 850 meters above sea level. You will have the chance to admire the terraces where the vineyards grow, surrounded by small charming lava stone cottages, see the elements of old and modern wine production and taste a 100% Chardonnay Classic and a vinified Nerello Mascalese.
The large antique wine press will take you back in time and show you how wine was made for centuries, whilst the modern technological system will show you how Etna's wine is currently made.
Strolling through the vineyards of this enchanting winery you will discover all the particularities of the grapes, leaving you with an unforgettable experience.
The second stop will be at an internationally renowned boutique winery. Here you can admire the vines growing on the the dark volcanic field that gives the grapes the unforgettable color and taste that make Etna Doc famous worldwide.
In a beautiful panoramic spot you will taste one of the most important Etna Doc red and white wines, paired with a locally produced olive oil.
The tour will conclude with a visit to a small family owned antique winery, located at a private villa, where you can enjoy a walk around some rare examples of vineyards that are over 80 years old. The charming cellar represents an intimate timeless environment where a selection of great and authentic Etna Doc wines rest.
Here you will have the chance to taste two wines, which will have distinctively intense and spicy notes.
A traditional Sicilian home made lunch will be served in the relaxing and elegant tasting room while enjoyng the view of boundless vineyards.
Inclusions for Mt Etna Wineries Tour From Taormina
- Transportation from/to Taormina, Giardini Naxos and Letojanni by comfortable Minivan
- Tour leader assistance during the whole experience
- Guided tour of 3 wineries and their cellars
- Visit to vineyards
- Tasting of 6 wines (2 wines per winery)
- Olive oil and local product tasting
- Typical Sicilian rustic lunch
Exclusions for Mt Etna Wineries Tour From Taormina
- Extra drinks and personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear sneakers or hiking shoes
Please note that the Italian law does not allow to serve alcoholic drinks to people under 16 years of age, so children under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages only.
Please inform us in advance of any special needs or impaired mobility and we will do our best to accommodate
A vegetarian menu is available if requested at the time of booking.
Only in English to enhance the quality of the experience
Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Aeolian Islands Tour from Taormina: Lipari and Vulcano
- Mount Etna Sunset Tour from Taormina
- Small-group North Etna Tour by 4x4 Jeep
- Private Taormina & Mount Etna Tour from Taormina
- Italian Opera in Taormina
- Half-Day Etna Countryside Food and Wine Lovers Tour
- Godfather vs Mafia Tour & Sicilian Light Lunch
- Taormina International Music Festival