OverviewWilderness, waterfalls and wildlife; begin the day with a series of great short walks through Mt Field National Park, catch all the action of a devil feeding at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and enjoy the amazing views from atop Mt Wellington. A perfect all round day out to capture the essence of natural Tasmania!
- All entrance fees included
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
Mt. Field National Park offers a variety of walks in Tasmania’s oldest National Park. Most famous for Russell Falls & the Tall Trees we explore the various walks and regions of this diverse area which is only a 1.5 hr drive from Hobart.
Russell Falls is easily Tasmania’s most recognisable waterfall with its 3-tiered drop. It is an easy and enjoyable walk along a beautiful track that takes us to this photogenic waterfall and beyond to Horseshoe Falls. We also make our way along the Tall Trees Track where high above us stand the giant Swamp Gums 80 metres tall. This is a series of short, spectacular walks amongst the cool and quiet rainforest, eucalypts, streams and local wildlife.
Further up into the National Park we join the Pandani Grove Trail which takes us around the alpine Lake Dobson. Soak up the wilderness and surrounding mountain air in this lesser visited region of the park. Lake Dobson is often covered in a layer of ice and surrounded with snow in the winter months – just gorgeous! The vegetation dates to Gondwanaland days giving this area an enchanting and ancient feel.
We enjoy a lunch break in one of the numerous beautiful settings at Mt. Field before continuing onwards for the day.
We visit Bonorong Wildlife Park which is home to many of our rescued and well-loved wildlife. Tassie Devils are close up; wallabies are freely hopping around the park and many more of our local favourites are easily discovered here.
To top off this very Tasmanian day we head to the summit of Kunyani/Mt. Wellington (1271m) Hobart’s iconic backdrop. The views from the top are breathtaking and the vista is expansive. This is a fantastic way to wrap up a day exploring many of Tassie’s most unique and noteworthy experiences, rainforests, waterfalls, wildlife and fabulous scenery.
We return you to your Hobart CBD hotel around 5.00 – 5.30pm.
- Explore the Mt. Field National Park (4 hrs)
- Walk to the beautiful Russell Falls (easy grade 40 mins)
- Count the stairs on the way up to Horseshoe Falls
- Be amazed along the Tall Trees Track (easy grade 30 mins)
- Enjoy the unique Alpine area along the Pandani Grove Track (easy grade 40 mins)
- Photograph the spectacular alpine Lake Dobson
- Visit Bonorong Wildlife Park
- Enjoy the ferocious action of a Tassie Devil Feeding
- Hand feed the wallabies
- Stand atop Kunanyi (Mt. Wellington 1271m) for amazing views across Southern Tasmania
Inclusions for Mt Field National Park Active Day Trip From Hobart Including Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary And Mt Wellington
- National Park entrance fee
- Wildlife Park entrance fee
- Professional guides and interpretive walks
- Small, friendly groups
- Central Hobart Hotel & Backpacker Hostel pick up and drop off. This must be pre-arranged directly with the operator at least 48 hours prior to departure. Please note we do not offer this service to Air BnB's.
Exclusions for Mt Field National Park Active Day Trip From Hobart Including Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary And Mt Wellington
- Food and drinks (please either pre purchase, or there will be the opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on tour)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
A small amount of walking is involved; a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
We provide accurate interpretation, and keep wildlife disturbance to a minimum by viewing from appropriate distances and informing our guests how to view wildlife with patience and respect. Activities are always confined to tracks and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
Hotel pickup time is between 7 AM and 7:30 AM depending on your location. Hotel pickup is available from central city Hotels and Hostels ( no AirBnB’s). Please arrange pickup from your hotel at least 48 hours prior to departure with the tour operator.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.