Mt Hood Day Trip From Portland To Multnomah Falls And Hood River
OverviewSee the natural wonders that line the Historic Columbia River Highway on this day trip from Portland to Mt Hood. With a guide, you'll be whisked to some of Oregons most spectacular sights, including Multnomah Falls and the Columbia River Gorge, as you learn about the area along the way. Stop by attractions like Timberline Lodge and Crown Point Vista House, and have free time for lunch in Hood River. This small-group tour is limited to 12 people.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour day of exploring some of Oregons most famous natural attractions starts with hotel pickup in Portland. Then head out of the city to the Multnomah Falls,the second tallest waterfalls in the United States!
As you relax in your tour vehicle, enjoy the natural beauty while knowing it's just a taste of what's to come, starting with your first stop at Multnomah Falls, the most famous waterfall in Oregon. The second-highest year-round waterfall in the United States, iconic Multnomah Falls is fed by Larch Mountains underground springs.
Continue east along the highway to Hood River, a quaint valley town located at the confluence of the Columbia and Hood rivers on the Columbia River Gorge. Listen as your guide talks about the towns environmental and cultural history, and hear about the kiteboarders and windsurfers who skim across the waters of the gorge, one of the county's top stops for these two wind sports.
When you arrive in town, you have free time for lunch on your own. Pick one of the many restaurants to grab a bite, and then peruse the shops and wine-tasting rooms, if you wish (own expense).
Back with your guide, return to your tour vehicle and visit Rowena Crest, a farm stand (seasonally), Trillium Lake (seasonally), and Timberline Lodge, positioned at an elevation of 11,249 feet (3,429 meters) on Mt Hood, Oregons tallest peak. Hop out to tour the lodge or take a short walk around the lodge to enjoy its mountain scenery.
Your day trip ends with the drive back to Portland, returning to the city for hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Mt Hood Day Trip From Portland To Multnomah Falls And Hood River
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Mt Hood Day Trip From Portland To Multnomah Falls And Hood River
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under the age of 6 require a car seat for this tour; please bring your own, as the local operator will not be able to accommodate children without a car seat
It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.