Mt McKinley Flightseeing Tour From Anchorage With Glacier Landing
OverviewTake a breathtaking journey into the unspoiled Alaskan wilderness on this flightseeing tour of Mt McKinley! Soar high above the granite peaks, glaciers and cascading icefalls of Denali National Park, and admire the Great Gorge of Ruth Glacier, one of the world's deepest gorges (deeper than the Grand Canyon!). Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience of landing on a glacier. Round-trip transport from Anchorage is included.
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Anchorage hotel, youll be taken on a scenic 2-hour drive to the quaint town of Talkeetna. Once there, your guide will take you to lunch in the town (included) and then you will board a bush plane for your 1-hour flightseeing tour of Mt Denali (formerly Mt McKinley).
Soar high above the granite peaks, cascading icefalls, canyons and glaciers of Denali National Park. Youll be awed by the Great Gorge of Ruth Glacier, filled with a 4,000-foot thick (1,220-meter) river of ice. The depth of this glacier combined with the height of the towering cliffs create an abyss that is deeper than the Grand Canyon! In fact, this is one of the deepest gorges in the world.
Throughout your flight, capture photos of the Don Sheldon amphitheater, snow-capped peaks, intense blue melt-water pools and cascading icefalls, and enjoy informative commentary from your expert pilot about the surrounding wildlife and geological interests.
Then experience a glacier landing! Land on a river of ice for an unparalleled viewing of these majestic rock and ice formations.
Inclusions for Mt McKinley Flightseeing Tour From Anchorage With Glacier Landing
- Limited hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local Certified driver guide
- Certified Alaska bush pilot
- Glacier landing, when conditions allow
Exclusions for Mt McKinley Flightseeing Tour From Anchorage With Glacier Landing
- Gratuities (recommended for both the driver/guide and the pilot)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not appropriate for children under 8 years old, due to the length of the tour
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
You Might Also Like
- Matanuska Glacier Advanced Ice Fall Trek
- Anchorage to Whittier Half-Day Transfer Tour with Hotel Pickup
- Portage Glacier Cruise a Self-Guided Tour
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour of Anchorage
- Full-day Glacier Trekking at Matanuska Glacier with Lunch
- Seward Day Tour
- Bear Viewing Excursion and Airplane Adventure Tour
- Hiking Tour in Kenai National Wildlife Refuge with Scenic Boat Ride