Mt Myogaksa Temple Experience In SeoulWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy a new experience by having a day in a Buddhist temple and learn about Korean Buddhist culture through direct contact with Korean Buddhists. Almost all temples are located deep in the mountains, so most enthusiasts usually have to go to remote areas to experience Korean Buddhism. However, the Myogaksa Temple is located in the heart of Seoul. At the temple, you will learn about traditional Korean Buddhist culture by making prayer beads, practicing Seon Meditation and enjoying a Dado (tea ceremony). This experience will allow you to recharge your body and soul.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAn air-conditioned coach will pick you up from your Seoul hotel between 8am and9am to begin your full-day temple program. Unlike other temples, often located deep in the mountains, Myogaksa Temple sits in the heart of downtown Seoul. After the short transfer from your hotel, hop off the bus and into the 1,700-year-old culture of Korean Buddhism.
Change into traditional robes and head to orientation, where you'll learn about the etiquette expected during your time at the temple. Spend the morning making a string of prayer beads, a process that involves stringing 108 (a sacred number in Buddhism) beads one by one, while prostrating between each a physical act symbolizing the letting go of greed, anger and delusion in an effort to unlock the true self.
Break for lunch, which at a temple, is a ceremony of its own, where you're encouraged to fill your empty bowl with a spirit of gratitude instead of greed. After lunch, practice drawing your attention inward during a meditation session before participating in a tea ceremony (dado) and enjoying a conversation with a Monk.
Return to your Seoul hotel by air-conditioned coach at around 4pm. A professional guide is included in the experience, but optional gratuities and other food and drinks are at your own expense.
Please note: A minimum of 4people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Mt Myogaksa Temple Experience In Seoul
- Temple stay program
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach with driver
Exclusions for Mt Myogaksa Temple Experience In Seoul
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress modestly
If you are not staying at a centrally located hotel in Seoul, please give the address where you would like to be picked up at checkout
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.