Mt Rainier Day Trip From Seattle
OverviewOn this full-day tour of Washington states Mt Rainier, youll visit the majestic 14,411-foot (4,392-m) volcano and learn about the area from your informative guide. Youll also explore local treasures like lakes and waterfalls en route from Seattle to Mt Rainier. Nature lovers wont want to miss this!
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Fully narrated tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour 10-hour Mt Rainier journey begins with pickup at your hotel in the SeaTac or Seattle area by coach bus or sprinter van. Enjoy a scenic drive, with your expert driver and guide narrating the views outside your window along the way. Admire Alder Lake, the quaint old logging town of Eatonville and historic train boxcars that have been repurposed.
Take a brief break at Longmires visitor center to explore the museum and National Park Inn. If time permits, go on a quick hike on the Trail of Shadows. Then get your camera ready for a photo op at Christine Falls, before tracing the Nisqually River up to Narada Falls, a bridal veil waterfall that is taller than Niagara.
Then comes the best part: the views at Paradise, at 5,400 feet (1,646 m) above sea level. Grab lunch here (own expense) and take in the stunning views on the southern slope of Mt Rainier and the valley below. Watch for Roosevelt elk, deer, black bear, marmots and the elusive red fox lurking around the mountain. Youll then have the option to go snowshoeing and sledding, if weather conditions permit. During the summer, take in flower meadow vistas and enjoy an extra stop at Reflection Lake. Cap off the day by learning a bit of history at the Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center, where you can read informational displays and watch a short movie about Mt Rainier, before heading back down the mountain, concluding with drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: Dress in layers year-round. Wear comfortable walking shoes or snow boots. Dress for snowy conditions NovemberJune. Paradise receives several feet of snow during the winter.
Inclusions for Mt Rainier Day Trip From Seattle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or 14-passenger sprinter van
Exclusions for Mt Rainier Day Trip From Seattle
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
It is recommended to dress in layers and wear comfortable walking shoes. In Nov Jun, please dress for snowy conditions
Please note: The tour route may vary depending on weather conditions
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.