Mt Rainier Small-Group Walking Or Snowshoeing Tour With Lunch - Seattle
OverviewAdmire close-up views of Mt Rainier’s snow capped peak, one of Seattle’s most iconic sights, on this full-day nature tour. See glaciers, waterfalls and wildlife in Mt Rainier National Park with a naturalist guide, and get a vivid sense of the mountain’s beauty while walking or snowshoeing, depending on the season. This small-group day trip limited to 10 people includes French-pressed coffee, pastries, light snacks, a picnic-style lunch with wine and downtown Seattle hotel transport by luxury vehicle.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Breakfast included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourSet between the jagged Olympic Mountains and the volcanic peaks of the Cascade Range, Mt Rainier an active volcano encased in snow and ice is the tallest peak of them all, standing 14,410 feet (4,392 meters) above sea level.
After your downtown Seattle hotel pickup, youre driven about two hours to Mt Rainier by Mercedes minivan or luxury SUV. Admire the surrounding old-growth forest, lakes, waterfalls and stunning wildflower meadows, and enjoy French-pressed Seattle coffee and pastries before setting out on your walk.
Depending on the season, your naturalist guide leads your group on a short walk or snowshoe trek (weather permitting)along the Nisqually Vista Trail, or possibly something a little more challenging if your group is up for it. Binoculars are provided to help you spot birds and wildlife like marmots, elk, deer, fox and maybe even the coyotes and black bears that roam the mountainside. Throughout the day, you'll make plenty of stops for photo ops and provided light snacks.
Your full-day Mt Rainier tour includes a family-style picnic lunch of locally sourced, organic food, accompanied by regional wine; if the weather isn't suitable for outdoor dining, you'll eat inside the visitor center.
After the 2-hour drive back to Seattle, your tour ends with downtown Seattle hotel drop-off.
Picnic lunch sample menu:
- Meat, such as grilled salmon or chicken, a sandwich or a wrap (vegetarian option available)
- Grain salad, such as quinoa with roasted vegetables
- Green salad
- Local wine, Pellegrino mineral water and soda
Inclusions for Mt Rainier Small-Group Walking Or Snowshoeing Tour With Lunch
- Downtown Seattle hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided hike or snowshoe trek
- Morning coffee with pastries
- Light snacks
- Transportation by Mercedes van or luxury SUV
- Professional naturalist guide
- Use of snowshoe gear (during winter months)
- Warm clothing available on request
Exclusions for Mt Rainier Small-Group Walking Or Snowshoeing Tour With Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Please wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking
Warm clothing is recommended during the winter months (snow jacket, sturdy hiking shoes, warm hat, insulated gloves, layers)
Note: Inclement winter weather may result in road closures and other unpredictable changes to the itinerary, which the guide will adjust accordingly
A maximum of 10 people per tour
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wenatchee Class 2 River Rafting
- Wenatchee River Family Float trip
- Sauk River Whitewater Rafting (Class 3-4)
- 7-Day Small Group Tour: Canadian Rockies and National Parks
- Seaplane Tour from Friday Harbor
- Pacific Northwest Peaks & Pours
- Upper Skagit Introductory Whitewater Rafting Trip
- City of Seattle Tour - Waterfront Highlights