Mt Sinai Sunrise And St Catherine Monastery Tour From Dahab
OverviewTravel through the night to Mount Sinai to climb the mountain at night to see sunrise from atop Moses' Mountain. Descent after dawn to visit one of the oldest Christian monasteries in the world, St. Catherine, built around the site of the Burning Bush.
Know More about this tourEnjoy an amazing early sunrise over the monastery.We start at 11 in the evening, driving for 2 hours to the monastery and the mountain. We start climbing the mountain at 01:00 with our guide. We can enjoy looking at the stars while waiting for the sunrise. After the sunrise we climb down the mountain to visit the monatery of St. Catherine and we will be back in Dahab around noon.
Visit the Moses Mount and Monastery of Saint Catherine which is considered one of the most famous monasteries in the world and also it's one of the oldest monasteries of Christianity. Its located in heart of Sinai Peninsula at a height of 1570 meters in the place where according to the tradition Moses saw the bush on fire which didnt burn up .The Monastery is Orthodox and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The monastery dates back to the age of the emperor Justinian 6th century. It was the same time of building enclosure wall surrounding the monastery right now but the monastery was named Saint Catherine at the beginning of the 11th century in honor of saint Catherine, one of the earliest Alexandria Christians martyrs. It contains several monuments like the burning bush seen by Moses, and the remarkable Icons Gallery.
Inclusions for Mt Sinai Sunrise And St Catherine Monastery Tour From Dahab
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Mt Sinai Sunrise And St Catherine Monastery Tour From Dahab
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Day Trip to Luxor Valley of The Kings from Dahab by flight
- Two day from Dahab Tours To Petra Wadi Rum
- Private Tour Mt Sinai Sunrise and St Catherine Monastery from Dahab
- Day trip to Petra from Dahab by flight
- Day Trip to The Canyon and Blue Hole from Dahab
- Snorkeling Day Tour to Nabq National Park
- Hadaba Aqua Park from Dahab