Mt Stanserhorn Day Photo Tour Worlds First Convertible Style Cable Car - Lucerne
OverviewOn this full-day photography tour you will discover the magnificent Mount Stanserhorn in the heart of the stunning Swiss countryside. This journey to the (6230ft / 1900m) high summit involves different transportation methods, first take the train to Stans on the southern side of Lake Lucerne, a ride which will take roughly 20 minutes, then make a time-jump ride on a wooden vintage funicular from the 19th century right before getting to the top-modern Cabrio cable car. Great for Landscape photography!
Know More about this tour
Most of us have experienced what a regular cable car feels like. The Stanserhorn mountain though, has made it for its guests more excited. The worlds first convertible-style cable car, the Stanserhorn CabriO, is where the fun begins.
Wander from the summit down to the plateau at 1200 to 1600 m above sea level in the Engelberg valley through the Geo-trail towards the holiday destination of Wirzwerli where we will take a Gondola ride down to the station. A 10 min. stroll will lead us to the train station and back to Luzern.
Before we begin with our hike, youll first be delighted with flowering meadows; stunning views over a hundred kilometers of alpine peaks, the city of Lucerne in the distance and also Lucernes own Mount Pilatus rising 2,128 meters into the sky; the lower sprawl of the Bürgenstock and the characteristic double peak of the Mythen among an endless scenery of lakes and mountain meadows.
Marvel at the sights in an unforgettable ride through the valley, you can have a panoramic and completely unobstructed view while you float under the open sky with pristine mountain air blowing through your fluttering hair and no ropes above your head as these are placed on the side of the carriage. The unimpaired view from the roofless upper deck of the gondola is truly memorable.
Inclusions for Mt Stanserhorn Day Photo Tour Worlds First Convertible Style Cable Car
- Professional photographer guide
- Tour escort/host
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Photography assistance
- Landscape photography
- Private photography shooting along the tour
- On-line private gallery to download the images
Exclusions for Mt Stanserhorn Day Photo Tour Worlds First Convertible Style Cable Car
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions ( train from Lucerne, cogwheel train, gondolas and the Cabri'o to Stanserhorn total cost per person approx. CHF 70)
- Camera and camera equipment
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Seats are assigned by the theater box office and will not be known in advance of the performance date
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
The open upper deck holding 30 people is completely optional and passengers can decide whether they want to ride with or without a roof. If the weather doesnt comply with your plans or if you prefer to have four solid walls, a floor and a roof surrounding you, you can also ride in the lower, fully enclosed cabin.
The Geo-trail was put together in collaboration with Nidwaldner Wanderwege, Pro Natura and WWF Unterwalden, and follows existing hiking trails, some of them Alpine. The trail is easily divided into several stages, as there are various different possibilities for both ascent and descent. The Stanserhorn Wirzweli route is among one of our most beautiful mountain hikes.
Access/Start: At the mountain station on the Stanserhorn
Arrival/Return: Finish Wirzweli; return by cable car to Dallenwil and by train to Lucerne.
Conditions & Requirements: Medium
Total km: 10 km
Panoramic views : Over Lake Lucerne and the town, Pilatus, Brgenstock, Rigi and Mythen across to Sntis, Tdi, Uri Rotstock and Titlis as well as the Bernese Alps.Is this Tour for you?
This tour is intended for amateur as well as serious photography enthusiasts with an interest to visit and photograph the beauty of the Swiss Alps together with its many traditions and culture . No prior expertise or experience in photography is necessary, as your photographer-guide will be there to assist you at every level. You may carry any camera a simple aim-and-shoot or a DSLR. Travel enthusiasts who are not photographers but keen to experience the multiple facets of Switzerland can also benefit from the tour.Can I bring my non-photographer partner with me?
Yes, you can. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland. Having a good time during the trip is as much on the agenda as photography is. Your partner will enjoy the journey with us.I am not a keen photographer. But I want to visit Switzerland. Can I still join?
Yes. The answer is exactly the same as in the case of previous question. We visit many beautiful places in Switzerland with a spectacular natural wonders, we witness the best Alpine Festivals during the whole year and always with the idea in mind of having long lasting memories in all our photo tours. For us fun is as much on the agenda as photography is!
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lucerne City Walking Tour
- Independent Mount Rigi Tour from Lucerne Including Lake Lucerne Cruise
- Mount Titlis Eternal Snow Half-Day Trip from Lucerne
- Lucerne Swiss Museum of Transport Entrance Ticket
- 1.5-Hour Small-Group Nightwatchman Walk in Medieval Lucerne
- Mount Pilatus Photography Day Tour
- Lake Lucerne Panoramic Sightseeing Cruise
- Swiss Chocolate Adventure Experience at Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne