From USD 78.99
OverviewLearn about the life of George Washington, first president of the United States, on this guided tour of Mount Vernon, Washingtons home of more than 40 years. On your visit to this famous historical site, the guide takes you through the mansion, gardens, farms and other buildings that show what colonial life was like on the grand estate. The tour includes a guided bus trip through Old Town Alexandria to see several key historical attractions including places that George Washington visited in his day.
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourTravel approximately 30 minutes to Mount Vernon, the home and estate of George Washington, one of the founding fathers of the United States and the nation’s first president.
On the 500-plus acres of the estate, explore the three-story mansion, extensive gardens and many original sites including a working blacksmith shop and the Pioneer Farm, a demonstration farm with an innovative 16-sided treading barn designed by Washington for threshing grain.
The mansion has been restored to how it would have looked when Washington died in 1799. Some of the most notable items in the mansion include the key to the Bastille, presented to Washington by the Marquis de Lafayette, and a swivel chair Washington used during his presidency.
Also on the grounds are Washington’s tomb, where George Washington and his family members are buried, a reconstructed slave cabin and a memorial to the slaves who worked at Mount Vernon. Your knowledgeable guide takes you through these sites while sharing the history of George Washington's home on the Potomac River.
After seeing the highlights of Mount Vernon and having lunch (own expense) at the historical Inn Restaurant or the food court, your tour continues to Old Town Alexandria. While riding a comfortable bus, see George Washington’s old haunts including Gadsby's Tavern, Ramsay House and Lee-Fendall House. You also will see the town’s major attractions including Old Presbyterian Meeting House, Christ Church, Spite House, Robert E Lee's House and the Torpedo Factory.
When your fascinating day exploring Mount Vernon and seeing Old Town Alexandria ends, your guide returns you to the original departure location.
Inclusions for Mt Vernon And Old Town Alexandria Day Trip From Washington DC
- Entrance tickets and reservations for Mount Vernon
- Licensed Tour Guide
Exclusions for Mt Vernon And Old Town Alexandria Day Trip From Washington DC
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Viator VIP: Best Of DC Including US Capitol And National Archives Reserved Access, The White House And Lincoln Memorial
- Capitol Hill And DC Monuments Tour By Electric Cart
- International Spy Museum
- Diplomatic Day Tour - Small Group Bus Tour
- Architecture Tour Of The National Mall
- City Sightseeing Washington DC
- Deluxe Half Day Tour Of DC With Reserved US Capitol Entry
- Private Arrival Transfer: Washington Dulles International Airport To Hotel
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel To Washington Dulles International Airport