Experience legendary Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius, the only active volcano in continental Europe, on this fully guided day trip from Naples. Visit Pompeii’s haunting ancient ruins, enjoy lunch with your group and then hike to the smoking summit of Mt Vesuvius for panoramic views of the Bay of Naples.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your hotel or the Naples train station, take a 30-minute drive to Pompeii, an ancient Roman city that was entirely destroyed by the sudden eruption of Mt Vesuvius in 79 AD. The largest archaeological site in Europe, today Pompeii is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
When you arrive, your guide will pick up your group’s pre-ordered tickets and lead you on a 2-hour walking tour of the fascinating grounds. Witness the destruction first-hand as you visit Pompeii’s most famous sites, including the Forum, the Thermal Baths, Vetti's House and the Lupanare brothel, giving you a glimpse into daily life during the Pax Romana. Today you can see shapes of objects — even bodies — that were buried beneath the volcanic ash and pumice.
After your tour, enjoy a pizza lunch with your group followed by some free time to browse the shops. Then board the coach and drive 40 minutes to legendary Mt Vesuvius.
Embark on a moderate hike up the volcano with your guide. When you reach the summit at 3,900 feet (1,200 meters), you’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of the picturesque Bay of Naples from east to west. Peer down into the crater and see plumes of steam issuing from the sleeping, but still active, volcano!
There is a rest point where you can choose to wait for your group if you do not wish to climb all the way to the top, but the hike is worth the effort.
After your Mt Vesuvius hike, relax on the drive back to Naples in the early evening.
Inclusions for Mt Vesuvius And Pompeii Day Trip From Naples
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide in Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius
- Entrance fees to Pompeii (approx. 13 euro) and Mt. Vesuvius (approx. 10 euro)
- Pizza with drink
Exclusions for Mt Vesuvius And Pompeii Day Trip From Naples
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Walking shoes and a coat are recommended when climbing Vesuvius
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Coach tour: group sizes of up to 50 people
Please note that tour of Mt Vesuvius will be provided in English only
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.