OverviewGuided tour with licensed guide to discover the Romans remaining in the archaeological site of Pompeii and climb till the crater’s edge of the famous Volcano Vesuvius.
Pick up from your Sorrento hotel or in a centrally located meeting point nearby.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourDeparture in the morning by private bus. The first stop will be in Pompeii, the city is part of the National Park of Mount Vesuvio and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997. Please note: entrance fees are not included in the purchase of this tour; only transportation and your guide. Entrance fees are separate and payable when you arrive at the locations.
Following the eruption of the Volcano Vesuvio in the year 79 A.D., it was buried under meters of ash and lapilli for years. Our expert guide will reconstruct the tragic moments that preceded the explosion and he will bring back to life the magnificent history of the prosperous Romans.
The area had a complex water system, an amphitheatre, gymnasium, baths and a substantial population, which grew prosperous from the region's renowned agricultural fertility. Thanks to the flood of lava that petrified the city, the infrastructures are all well preserved so it is still possible to admire the wonderful frescoes which adorned the walls and floors of the Villas, the rest of the Roman art, the Baths and Forums built in the year 80 B.C. Have a glimpse of everyday Roman life!
In the second part of the tour you will have the chance to climb till the top of one of the most imposing volcano of south Italy: Vesuvius. The bus and the guide will bring you until 1.000 mt. high and from here you could reach the crater’s edge on foot or just relax admiring the panorama. From the top of the cone, during the days of good visibility the view is breathtaking, and it is possible to see from another prospective, the archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Return to the hotel in the afternoon.
Inclusions for Mt Vesuvius And Pompeii Tour By Bus From Sorrento
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel or centrally located meeting point pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Mt Vesuvius And Pompeii Tour By Bus From Sorrento
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Pompeii € 13,00 per person
- Entrance fee to Mount Vesuvius € 10,00 per person
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
In hot weather, we recommend to bring sunscreen and a bottle of water with you
Please note: entrance fees are not included in the purchase of this tour; only transportation and your guide. Entrance fees are separate and payable when you arrive at the locations.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.