OverviewVenture to the top of Mt Vesuvius on this 4-tour from Sorrento. Enjoy a scenic journey along the coastline and through sun-baked southern Italian towns before arriving in the dark shadows of the mighty Mt Vesuvius, the volcano that wiped out Pompeii and Herculaneum some 2,000 years ago. Creep up the towering sides of the volcano in your coach, before disembarking near the summit for sweeping vistas of the Bay of Naples and Sorrento Peninsula, and for your chance to peer into the steaming belly of the dormant beast.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your expert guide and air-conditioned coach outside your centrally located Sorrento hotel, or at a nearby prearranged location if the coach is unable to access the front of your hotel.
Enjoy your scenic journey along the coastline and through the terracotta towns, arriving in the shadow of Mt Vesuvius after approximately an hour. Then, gape in awe as your head cranes backward and you take in the incredible Mt Vesuvius before you.
As the coach ascends up the side of the volcano, listen to stories from your guide that transport you back some 2,000 years to 79 AD when the violent eruption obliterated the roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. The two towns were submerged under torrents of lava and mud, extinguishing an estimated 16,000 lives.
After reaching an altitude of roughly 1,000 meters, climb out of your coach and marvel at the breathtaking 360-degree panoramic views of the Bay of Naples, the Sorrento Peninsula and the islands of Capri and Ischia. As you soak up the views, have your camera ready to capture those picture-perfect photos.
If you’re feeling daring, walk up to the top of the crater with your expert guide and listen as they explain the history of this incredible area. As you stroll around the vast rim, peer into the depths of the crater to see plumes of steam rising from the dormant, but still active, volcano.
After some time at the summit of Mt Vesuvius, follow your guide back to the coach, and then sit back and relax as you enjoy the journey back to your hotel in Sorrento.
Inclusions for Mt Vesuvius Tour From Sorrento
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Mt Vesuvius Tour From Sorrento
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to Mt Vesuvius, approx. €10
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.