Mumbai Market Private Shopping TourWrite a Review
Visit Mumbais markets with a local on a 2.5-hour, private shopping tour that can be customized to your interests. Browse the colorful stalls at five local markets, with a few stops for sightseeing in between, and enjoy insider tips on the best things to taste, buy, and experience while in Mumbai.
- Instant Confirmation
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tour
Make your way to a central location in the historic Colaba neighborhood, and meet a local guide for the walk to Crawford Market, which was built in the days of the British Raj. See displays of fresh fruits and vegetables, then tour the pet market where songbirds are sold.
Continue to Mangaldas market to browse textiles and clothing; this is an especially good place to shop for silk fabrics and souvenirs. The next stops are Kalbadevi and Khau Galli markets, where dingy, narrow alleyways hide some of the best street food in Mumbai. Find the best places to try dosas, sandwiches, savory bhelpuri, and pav bhaji, a thick curry served with soft bread.
Before visiting the next market, stop by Mumbadevi temple, whose saffron-clad sadhus pray with vermillion and ash on their foreheads, and learn the story of the Goddess Mumba, the local incarnation of Devi. The last market of the day is the vibrant Flower Galli market, which overflows with chrysanthemums, jasmine, roses, and marigolds.
After Flower Galli, continue to the Bombay Panjrapole that was established in 1834 as an animal shelter, and now houses and cares for 1,800 animals. If desired, you can purchase fresh greens to feed the animals, and see some of the cows that provide milk to support the shelter. This 3-hour tour concludes at the original departure point.
Inclusions for Mumbai Market Private Shopping Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
Exclusions for Mumbai Market Private Shopping Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Any purchases made by the customer
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 10 years
A maximum of 5 people per booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.