- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: Flexible
German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese
Departure Time :
Mon: 14:00–19:00, Tue - Sun: 10:00–19:00, Thu till 21:00
An exploration of modern art in Vienna
- Skip the line into a world of modern art with over 10,000 works by 1,600 artists, plus temporary exhibitions
- Re-live one of the most radical artistic movements of the 20th century with controversial works by Viennese Actionists
- Get inside one of Vienna's most impressive buildings, the futuristic cube of the mumok, and surround yourself with modern art
Know More about this tour
At the mumok you can peruse paintings, photography, video and film, plus sculpture, installations and other contemporary works by Austrian and international artists. Add in the frequently changing exhibitions and you've got a full-day of weird, wild and wonderful works of art to enjoy.
Current temporary exhibitions are:
The Pakui Hardware: Vanilla Eyes
This exhibition (until October 9, 2016) is an intriguing look at how we as humans are being changed by virtual reality and other developing technologies. Curator Rainer Fuchs has transformed the space into an incubator, where you can witness future beings in hybrid form.
Painting 2.0: Expression in the Information Age
Until November 06, 2016. With over 200 pieces by 100 artists, this is a fascinating look back at the birth of the information age. Learn how painting has blended with technology in the last 50 years.
We Pioneers: Trailblazers of Postwar Modernism
Until 5 March 2017. See the works of Viktor Matejka and Werner Hofmann, two men who were major influences on the postwar Vienna art scene.
- Monday: 14:00 – 19:00
- Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 – 19:00
- Thursday: 10:00 – 21:00
- Metro: U2 to MuseumsQuartier; U3 to Volkstheater
- Bus: 48a or 49 to Dr.-Karl-Renner-Ring (Volkstheater)
- Tram: D, 1, 2 or 71 to Dr.-Karl-Renner-Ring / Burgring + 15-minute walk
Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.