Musee D'Orsay Highlights With Gourmet Lunch Privileged Experience - Paris
OverviewThe famous Orsay Museum houses the world’s most complete collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist art. You won’t want to miss the famous masterpieces by Manet, Monet, Renoir and Van Gogh, to name a few. Your local guide will accompany you on a two-hour tour through this tumultuous period in French culture, within one of the most beautiful museum facilities in the world. Following your tour, you’ll sit down to a lovely lunch in the Orsay’s classy restaurant.
- See the greatest collection of Impressionist art in the world
- VIP Gourmet lunch
- Stay as long as you like in the museum after your lunch
Know More about this tour
A visitor will quickly understand why the Musée d’Orsay is consistently ranked the favorite museum of Parisians themselves. Built over 100 years ago as a train station welcoming international visitors to the World’s Fair, the beaux-arts structure now displays the best art from that period, making it an essential visit during your stay in the City of Light. Your expert guide, fully accredited and eager to open your eyes to artistic passion, will meet you right in front of the museum, and your group will bypass any long lines to enter immediately.
Believe it or not, the Impressionists’ peaceful scenes of rural and city life were thought absolutely shocking when they were painted! The vivid colors and expressive brushstrokes truly shook the foundations of the artistic establishment. Your guide will bring to life the turbulent personalities of the painters, describing how each artist dared to explore new territory and to pursue success without compromise. Traveling back in time, you’ll learn how these images and messages changed the art world forever. You may be familiar with some of the masterpieces on display, such as Monet’s Water Lilies or Van Gogh’s Starry Night; this will be an opportunity to examine up close the startling blend of colors that go into seemingly calm compositions. Your guide will point out all the highlights, and conclude by leading you to the restaurant.
Here you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch in the Orsay station’s original restaurant, opened in 1900 and classified as a historic monument in its own right. Savoring the traditional French cuisine under the sparkling chandeliers will be a most fitting finale of your memorable tour. After lunch, your entrance ticket allows you to return to the galleries on your own if you wish, to further explore the collection or perhaps take in a special exhibition.
Inclusions for Musee D'Orsay Highlights With Gourmet Lunch Privileged Experience
- 2 hour guided tour of the Musée d’Orsay
- Fully accredited local guide
- Skip the line access and all entrance fees
- Headsets so you can always hear your guide
- VIP Gourmet lunch
Exclusions for Musee D'Orsay Highlights With Gourmet Lunch Privileged Experience
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.