Museum History Of Ukraine With St Andrew Church And St Michael Golden Domed Monastery - Kiev
OverviewExplore the History of Ukraine with visiting the National Museum ofthe History of Ukraine and famous Saint Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery and Saint Andrews Church, place This is where the Land of Rus comes from .
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourFirst we invite You to enjoy Tour of National Museum of History of Ukraine will cover all highlights starling withits mammoth and Greek heritage (the Greeks inhabited the Black sea coast of Ukrainesince VIII century B.C. and up to late XVIII century ).Further exhibits are on the life style of nomadic tribes in the steppes of Ukraine illustrating how true was thedescription of their customs by Herodotes. Most interesting is the history of Scythians and Sarmatiansand their contacts with ancient Greeks. The woods of the Northern Ukraine were inhabited bypro-Slavonic tribes. Special was Tripolie culture with its painted ceramic objects.Next exhibits will illustrated the history of Kievan Rus, introduction of Christianity by sword and firein 988y and Mongol-Tatar invasion 1240. Very colorful are exhibits on the history of Cossacks with hetman Khmelnitskyshat XVIII-th century and diorama depicting one of the major Cossack fortress.Other exhibits are on Poltava Battle and embellishment of Cossack dome by Catherine II.Next door of exhibits showing cultural development of Ukrainian in XVII-XVIII centuries.Further comes a baroque style coach presented as a gift to Kiev archbishop by Empress Elizabeth. Same room has donations to churches by hetman Mazepa.Other exhibits are on Poltava Battle and embellishment of Cossack dome by Catherine II.Optional visit collections of magnificent crystal objects produced by Kiev factory and Ukrainian coins and banknotes.
Than you'll visit Saint Andrews Church what was built by Italian architect Rastrelli in 1767. Itsoriginal icon-stasis has survived. It has crimson color (art historians define it an wild strawberry red) as the Empress Elizabeth wished it.All interior as well as exterior of St. Andrews were designed by Rastrelli.Originally, St. Andrews was built with the tiles in its roof.Both tiles and bricks of St.Andrews were made in Kiev by Italian workers. St.Andrews is supported by a two-level building below. It was used to accommodate two more churchesof St.Zachariah and St. Elizabeth and St. Sergus of Radonezh. Unlike most Ukrainian and Russian churchesSt. Andrews has no murals. It is decorated with the icon of The Last Supper on the chancel wall, a gift byCatherine II. And more interestingabout St Andrew's Church waiting for you.
Lastly explore St.Michael Golden Domed Monastery what was built in 1113 and then destroyed at Soviet time 30-es.Mosaics and frescoes had been removed from cathedrals interior in 1930-ies before the cathedral got demolished.It was rebuilt in the year 2000 with new mosaics and murals. Since St. Michaels was enlarged in XVIII centuryas two chapels were added to it St. Barbaras and St. Catherines - the interior today has murals inByzantine and baroque styles. Byzantine style depicting patron saints of family life and monastic life.The museum of St.Michaels with golden dome is located in its Bell Tower.
Inclusions for Museum History Of Ukraine With St Andrew Church And St Michael Golden Domed Monastery
- Private guided tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (except walking tour)
- Transport by private car or by minivan or by minibus (except walking tour)
- Walking tour - guide will pick-up you from the centrally located Hotel or Apartment of your stay in Kiev
- Explore the History of the St.Andrew's Church, St. Michael's Monastery and visit National Museum of the History of Ukraine
- Visiting the museums Museum operate daily from 10am till 5pm.
Exclusions for Museum History Of Ukraine With St Andrew Church And St Michael Golden Domed Monastery
- Entrance fees to Museum History of Ukraine and Museum of St.Michael Monastery in Bell Tower (about US$2 per person/1 museum)
- Please be know that you should pay entrance fees for your private guide
- Food and drinks
- Extra services.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Please know that you should pay entrance fees for your private guide
Please know that Museums of the History time operate is 10am-5pm.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.