Opening in Spring 2017, the Museum of the American Revolution will take visitors on a journey through the unlikely story of America's founding. The American Revolution and the ideals that inspired it will come to life through the Museum’s distinguished collection of priceless historical artifacts showcased through innovative, contemporary storytelling technologies and immersive exhibits.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
Know More about this tour
This 118,000-square-foot museum, located in the historic heart of Philadelphia, will illuminate America’s founding generation, honoring those who risked everything to secure the liberties that continue to influence the world. When the Museum opens, it will display art, manuscripts, personal diaries, plus British, French, and American weaponry spanning from the 1760s to the rise of armed resistance — and eventually, hard-won independence.
High-tech media, digital interactives, hands-on experiences, and personal interactions with guides will enhance each visitor's experiences. Immersive environments will include an Oneida council house where visitors will witness the historic debate among the Oneida people in the decision to break with the ancient Iroquois Confederacy and join the American cause; the Battlefield Theater, where visitors are placed on the Continental Army's front lines to face an attack by British Soldiers; and a full-scale replica of a privateer ship that went to sea to challenge the British Navy.
A dynamic theater will house one of the most iconic surviving artifacts of the American Revolution — General George Washington’s headquarters tent. It was in this tent that the nation's first commander-in-chief directed the war while in the field, holding meetings and making decisions that changed the course of history.
Visitors will leave the museum with a deeper understanding of the people, the ideas, and the events that gave birth to America, and will be prepared to explore historic Philadelphia, the headquarters of the American Revolution.
Additional museum amenities include a gift shop, plus the Cross Keys Cafe, featuring breakfast, lunch, and snack options. The Museum of the American Revolution is conveniently located just two blocks from Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell Center, and Independence Mall.
Inclusions for Museum Of The American Revolution Admission
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
Exclusions for Museum Of The American Revolution Admission
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Philadelphia Segway - Full City Tour
- Philadelphia Segway - Old City Historic Tour
- Constitutional Walking Tour Of Philadelphia
- Tavern Tour Of Philadelphia
- Private Full Day City Of Philadelphia Driving Tour
- Two-Hour Mural Mile Philadelphia Walking Tour
- Private Rocky Movie Tour
- Private Driving Tour Of Lancaster And Amish Country
- American Fine Art Tour In Philadelphia
- Old City Walking Tour In Philadelphia