OverviewEverything from Armstrong to Zydeco! Come listen and walk (or maybe dance if you are so inclined) your way through one of the oldest and most musical neighborhoods of New Orleans. Learn why they say, “All Music (at least American Music) is born in New Orleans! As you walk from location to location LISTEN as your tour guide plays you some of the best and most historically important music in the history of our great city. Once you get to a location LEARN about what you just heard as your tour guide places it and its performers into the greater musical and historical context. This tour is for music lovers of all ages.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourLearn about the great musical legends of New Orleans then and now: from Jelly Roll Morton, to Mahalia Jackson, to Fats Domino, to Trombone Shorty, and the Marsalis family. Gain a greater understanding of the different musical genres that make this city and nation great: from the music of slavery, to traditional jazz, to the industrial rock of the 1990’s!
If that isn’t enough enjoy your walk through one of, if not the oldest, African American neighborhoods in the United States - the Treme, made famous after Katrina by the television series of the same name. You will learn some of the history of this incredible neighborhood and the role it has played in New Orleans for almost 300 years. As one of the most beautiful, historic, and important neighborhoods in the history of the United States, Treme is the birthplace of many famous musicians and a great center of culture and life in our city, so this is almost like getting two tours in one!
Inclusions for Music Of New Orleans: Listen And Learn
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Music Of New Orleans: Listen And Learn
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Buy One Get One Free Hurricane Drinks for Adults in Souvenir Cup
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A small amount of walking is involved - One mile taken in an hour and forty five minutes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Experience Cajun Country: Swamp Boat Adventure And Plantations Full-Day Tour From New Orleans
- Small-Group Tour Of Oak Alley And Laura Plantation From New Orleans
- Swamp And Bayou Sightseeing Tour With Boat Ride From New Orleans
- Mardi Gras Walking Tour In New Orleans
- City Sightseeing New Orleans
- Ghost And Vampire Walking Tour Of The French Quarter
- French Quarter Movie Tours New Orleans
- When Empires Collide: Creoles, Americans, Pirates, And The War Of 1812, A Louisiana History Tour
- New Orleans Haunted History Ghost Tour
- Houmas House Plantation Tour With Transportation