Experience the magic of traveling opera during a 2-hour operatic performance at the grand Palazzo Barbarigo Minotto in Venice. Performed by the acclaimed Musica a Palazzo ensemble, this night of opera, song and music features world-class singers and instrumentalists performing as they move, with the audience, through the palazzos beautiful salons. With the singers performing feet away and the lavish rooms providing authentic backdrops, youll feel as if youre part of the opera, not in the audience. Choose from three classic operas or a selection of duets to suit your tastes and schedule.
Know More about this tourSelect the performance you want to see you at the time you book — choosing from The Barber of Seville, La Traviata or Rigoletto, a selection of much-loved operatic and chamber music songs (see the Itinerary for show details). Then, on the night, make your own way to the Palazzo Barbarigo Minotto in central Venice.
Overlooking the Grand Canal, the 15th-century Barbarigo Minotto provides the perfect stage for the Musica a Palazzo, the acclaimed ensemble who perform the traveling opera event. This group of world-class singers and musicians perform each scene in a series of intimate, historically furnished salons, enabling greater interaction with the audience and making the rooms part of the scenery.
As you arrive, admire the beautiful palazzo interiors, taking in their Venetian Baroque artworks, stuccoes, frescoes and grand furnishings.
If you wish, buy a libretto (translation of opera words) and take a seat in the salon where the first scene will be played. Then, as the instrumentalists, pianist and singers begin, lose yourself in their virtuoso voices and music.
With each new act or scene, move to another salon with the performers and feel yourself become part of the opera itself. The singers will move around the room as they perform their arias and duets, and many salons are bathed in soft candlelight, adding to the emotional charge and romance of the event.
During one of the two intervals, enjoy a complimentary glass of fruit juice, soda, prosecco or red or white wine, and soak up the magical setting as you await the next act.
After the 2-hour performance, opt to buy a CD, DVD or postcards of the performance you've just witnessed. Then, head back to your hotel independently, humming your favorite arias on route.
Inclusions for Musica A Palazzo 'Traveling Opera' Performance In Venice
- Membership Card (this card covers admission to the event. No further charges or tickets are required)
- 1 glass of prosecco, red or white wine, soda or orange or peach juice per person in one interval
Exclusions for Musica A Palazzo 'Traveling Opera' Performance In Venice
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Libretto (available to purchase for approx. 5 euro)
- Postcards, CDs and DVDs of show (available to purchase)
Itinerary:Choose from the following opera performances to suit your tastes and schedule:
La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi - Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Melodrama in three acts, with a libretto by F. M. Piave
The Barber of Seville by Gioacchino Rossini - Wednesdays and Sundays
Light-hearted melodrama in two acts, with a libretto by C. Sterbini
Rigoletto by Giuseppe Verdi - Fridays
Opera in three acts, with a libretto by F. M. Piave
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Dress code is elegant casual
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Venice In One Day Including Boat Tour
- Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day Trip From Venice
- Murano, Burano And Torcello Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Venice Walking Tour And Gondola Ride
- Original Venice Walk
- Murano, Burano And Torcello Islands
- The Doge's Palace
- The Doge's Palace - Afternoon Tour
- Gondola Serenade
- Absolute Venice