OverviewBologna today is UNESCO world heritage site. Music has long held a privileged position in Bologna's history, from the Renaissance to Jazz and made the city a world music capital, therefore it comes as no surprise that the world's oldest organs are conserved here.
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourA few of the sites that may be visited in this 2.30 hrs walking tour include the city's antique organs, the small private theatre of Villa Mazzacorati (authorization and ticket needed), the new International Museum of Music showing the famous Father Martini's Collection and the manuscripts by Mozart/Rossini/Wagner/Vivaldi/Respighi/etc., the musical chapel of Santa Maria dei Servi, the Conservatory (authorization and ticket needed), an old violin maker’s shop, and the 'Teatro Comunale' (authorization and ticket needed), the only surviving 18th century opera hall in Italy.
Rossini lived in Bologna and Respighi were born in this town, Mozart was member of its prestigious Academy, Farinelli lived here and here is his grave, Father Martini dedicated to Bologna his whole life and Wagner chose Bologna for the première of many of his operas. Not forgetting Bologna city of Jazz, its prestigious clubs and world-famous artists who have performed here. Make an unforgettable musical journey through the past and the present of the town.
Inclusions for Musical Bologna Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private tour
Exclusions for Musical Bologna Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Availability cannot be checked without making a booking (e.g., the Teatro Comunale is always subject to authorization)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.