Muslim Market Tour - Shanghai
OverviewEvery Friday the Muslim population of Shanghai (Uighur ethnic group from Xinjiang Province and the Muslim community of Shanghai) congregate in north Jing'an to pray at the mosque and get together to sell their wares and eat. Stalls are set up on either side of the road and soon the smells of sizzling lamb kebabs fill the air!
Know More about this tour
You will be met by guide in your centrally located hotel, then take you to the HuiXi Mosque. Our guide will show you around one of Shanghais earliest mosque built in 1921, hidden among local residential apartment.
At back street, you will find great variety of Uighur peoples food and other commodities. From mutton, nuts, fruits, rice, noodle to clothes, caps, as well as other surprising items. You could interact with enthusiastic Uighur people.
Uighur people are the decedents of ancient Persia people settled down along land Silk Road from the first century. Today their population has grown to 10 million, ranking No.4 in China. This is an opportunity to experience the unique culture of the Uighur Muslim community - their clothes and their food - including naans, roast lamb, dried fruits and other interesting foods.
This tour is not only feast to your stomach but also please to your eyes.
Tour ends at Muslim market. You could either enjoy more food to your heart content, or our guide will show you the best way back by public transportation; help you get a cab back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Muslim Market Tour
- Tour guide
- Hotel pick up
Exclusions for Muslim Market Tour
Hotel drop off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please show respect in the Mosque.
No saddle and shorts dress in the mosque
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour: Zhouzhuang Ancient Water Village
- Chinese Acrobats and Shanghai Evening Tour
- Small-Group Colonial Walking Tour: Shanghai French Concession
- See Zhouzhuang Water Town and Shanghai City in One Day
- Shanghai Shore Excursion: Half-Day Private City Sightseeing Tour Including Jade Buddha Temple
- 3-Hour Private Shanghai Night Walking Tour Include Oriental Pearl Tower And The Bund