Muthurajawela Wetland Day Tour - Colombo
OverviewThis tour gives you an exciting experience by TukTuk complete with bird watching tour in Muthurajawela wetland, one of the main bird watching locations in Sri Lanka.There are many variates of flora and fauna that are interdependent in this coastal ecosystem. The name Muthurajawela has been derived from Sinhalese language which the majority of Sri Lankans use to communicate. The meaning can be translated in to English simply as Swamp of Royal Treasure. Treasures of kings in olden days are believed to be buried in that area. Muthurajawela Marsh is situated towards the southern part of Negombo.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel in Negombo for a tour riding a TukTuk to Muthurajawela Wetland, and a bird watching tour by boat.
Your TukTuk is a very typical form of public transport, part of the everyday street scene. On the TukTuk, you can sit and stretch out, protected from the sun, and rain, and with a great breeze.
You will soon arrive at Muturajawela wetland marine sanctuary, famous for its mangroves, salt water crocodiles and avi fauna. You will take a boat ride through the vast Negombo lagoon. Extending over 6,000 acres and over 29,000, and rumored to provide home to over 40 species of migratory and 85 indigenous bird species. Mangrove forests that line the footpath are great places to observe birds as well as baby crocodiles and fiddler crabs.
On completion of this visit, your TukTuk rider will take you back to the hotel.
Inclusions for Muthurajawela Wetland Day Tour
- Cost of the boat
- Pickup and drop-off by TukTuk
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Muthurajawela Wetland Day Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable shoes are recommended
Hotel pickup & drop off can also be arranged outside of Negombo depending on your location (additional charge may apply)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 5-Night Sri Lanka Tour
- Private Custom Colombo City Tour
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- 11 Days Of Tour Taprobane
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Galle City
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Pasikuda