Mutianyu Great Wall One-day Group Tour NO SHOPPING - Beijing
OverviewMuch more tranquil and less crowded than Badaling Great Wall, Mutianyu is both magnificent and tranquil. Soak in the scenery and history of the Great Wall of China at Mutianyu during a day's fun trip with a professional guide. Get away from the crowds when you enjoy the tranquility at Mutianyu Great Wall, taking the cable car or not (optional). Observe the natural beauty of the landscape and the architectural marvels of the 13th century's Great Wall during your trip, which takes approximately three hours to complete, including round-trip transportation from Beijing, Chinese lunch, guide and entrance fees. The Mutianyu Great Wall is relatively untouched - it is less commercialized, sees fewer tourists and has undergone less restoration work. Standing on top of the wall allows for a panoramic view of the surrounding countryside , which is planted with fruit and chestnut orchards, and dotted with old pine.
Know More about this tourUnlike other sections of the wall that are crowded by tourists and vendors (especially Badaling Great Wall), this section of the Great Wall is rather tranquil, and the stones are hundreds of years old. The views are some of the most breathtaking ones that you'll see all around China.
Meet the tour guide at 07:30 a.m. at Exit C of Subway Station Zhang Zi Zhong Lu on Line 5, and head up to the entrance of Mutianyu Great Wall. It takes an average of 2 hours to get there on the bus, and 3 hours on the Great Wall. Cable car or toboggan is accessible, but not included in this tour.
You'll enjoy your free time on the Great Wall. Walk on your own pace and take your time to take photos and enjoy the atmosphere. As the most popular fun trip of Great Wall around Beijing, it will show you both Mutianyu Great Wall and part of the wild un-restored part at Jiankou Great Wall if you explore more. You can also take the cable car to go directly from the entrance to the 14th tower and get down the same way, just be noted that the cable car ticket is not included in this tour. It is the best place for keen photographers along the wall. The hiking is moderate because you need to return to where you start to meet again the tour guide, which allows you to walk as much as you can.
This section offers arguably the finest hiking anywhere on the Great Wall. It is extremely photogenic, with over 15 watch-towers, and steep gradients that give constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views. There is fascinating variety in the watch-towers. This section of the wall is partly wild, ruined, preserved and original. On a clear day, it is difficult to fail to take good photographs here.
You'll meet the tour guide again at the entrance and have a lavish Chinese lunch in a special restaurant. Dishes are served on a round rolling table and all the guests sit around it, sharing all the food. The tour finishes after the lunch.
Furthermore, you will NOT be taken into any jade factory or souvenir store to shop. This is completely a NO-SHOPPING tour.
Meeting Time: 07:30 a.m. (from the meeting point)
Return Time: 16:30 (drop-off in downtown Beijing)
Professional English speaking guide;
Transport by air-conditioned vehicle;
Cable car or toboggan fee at MutianyuGreat Wall;
Hotel pickup and drop-off;
Inclusions for Mutianyu Great Wall One-day Group Tour NO SHOPPING
- Entrance fees
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Chinese lunch
- Bottled Water
Exclusions for Mutianyu Great Wall One-day Group Tour NO SHOPPING
- Cable car or toboggan fee at Great Wall
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please wear comfortable hiking shoes or sneakers; Sunscreen, water, hat are highly recommended to bring
Please provide passport info of each guest after booking (full name/passport number/date of birth)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Hour Private Night Tour: Beijing Foodie Experience
- Private Transfer: Beijing Railway Station to Airport
- Beijing Private Transfer: Beijing Airport to Railway station
- Beijing Opera Show at Liyuan Theater with Transfer
- Small Group Day tour From Jiankou To Mutianyu Great Wall
- Private Day Tour: Greatwall Challenge At Jiankou
- Private Hiking Day Tour: Yanqing Badaling Incomplete Great Wall
- Private Jinshanling to Simatai West Great Wall Hiking Tour from Beijing