Mutianyu Wall Morning Half Day Private Tour & Drop Off Forbidden City Flexible - Beijing
OverviewVisit one of the most famous attractions in the world, the Great Wall in the comfort of your own air conditioned vehicle. Avoid the rush hour by taking a morning tour to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, one of the best preserved sections of the wall. Then take advantage of your early start with a flexible drop off point anywhere in the city allowing you to continue your sightseeing in the afternoon at your own leisure. Possible and popular options are Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Summer Palace or if your time in Beijing is coming to a close Beijing airport to get to a flight in time.Two options are available for this tour. Option 1 offers a round trip to the wall with you exploring independently or an all-inclusive option which has you accompanied by an English speaking guide who will accompany and guide you along the ramparts and watch towers of the wall. Both options include being transported by private A-C vehicle and entrance fees.
Know More about this tour
Expect to be picked up by private vehicle at 7 am (Summer time), a little later (in winter) in your hotel lobby, which is when youll meet your driver (Option 1) or your English speaking guide, (Option 2). If due to the early start breakfast has not been offered by your hotel, a short stop at a Starbucks is possible.
Youll travel to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall, a 1.5 hour drive out of the city, where youll have about two hours to explore the site, view its Watch Towers and breathtaking scenery. As most people arrive at the wall around 10:30 am youll enjoy a visit that is less touristy than if arriving later in the day. The Mutianyu section of the wall is not only considered to be more diverse but one of the best preserved sections of the wall. Its also considered to be the most family friendly, a section thats easier for those with young children to navigate.
The Great Wall dates back to the Northern Qi Dynasty (550-557). Then again it was rebuilt in the Ming Dynasty, (1368 -1644) to provide a protective defence barrier to guard the capital and imperial mausoleums from invaders.
You can see 23 Watch Towers distributed along its more than 2 kilometers (1.2 mile) length. This stretch of the UNESCO listed Great Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings, including dense forests and rich pastures. On arrival your tickets will be purchased and youll be taken to the main entrance.
While you can ascend the ramparts on foot, the path is steep and takes about an hour to ascend. Its best to save time and energy and mount the ramparts by one of the two approaches available. The cable car takes you to the northern entrance and alights at Watch Tower #14. The other takes you by chair lift to the southern entrance and alights at Watch Tower # 6. Once on top of the ramparts your sightseeing experience commences.
The fully inclusive tour, as the name suggests includes return tickets by cable car, chair lift or the alternative combination route of chair lift up /toboggan ride down.
After your visit to the Great Wall youll be driven back to the city where you have the option of being drop off at any centrally located spot to continue your sightseeing at your leisure. Expect to be back in the city around noon. Possible and popular options are The Summer Palace, The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Beijing airport to catch a flight out. The drop off option is a flexible one so any centrally located spot in Beijing city can be accommodated. For those who prefer to be taken back to their hotel that too is an option.
Please note you do need to provide your preferred drop off location in advance.
Inclusions for Mutianyu Wall Morning Half Day Private Tour & Drop Off Forbidden City Flexible
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup / flexible drop off location
- English-speaking guide (Option 2 only)
- Entrance fees
- Cable car return or cable car up/ toboggan down (Option 2 only)
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Mutianyu Wall Morning Half Day Private Tour & Drop Off Forbidden City Flexible
- Cable car and toboggan fees (Option 1)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Child rate applies when accompanied with 2 paying adults
Minimum age is 10 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please wear comfortable hiking shoes
At time of booking please advise any specific dietary requirements
Travel insurance is encouraged
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private English Tour Guide Service in Beijing
- Private Day Tour: Tian'anmen Square, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
- Beijing One Day Coach Tour: Mutianyu Great Wall Plus Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square Including Lunch
- Small Group Nightlife Tour with Local Expert in Beijing
- Beijing Group Coach Day Tour: Explore Juyongguan Great Wall and The Forbidden City including Lunch
- Beijing International Transfer: Airport (PEK) to Hotel Roundtrip