My Son And Hoi An Full-Day Tour
OverviewSituated 50 kilometers southwest of Hoi an in a lush green valley, My Son was the cultural and religious center of the once powerful but now extinct Champa Kingdom. It still represents one of the most outstanding Hindu temple complexes in South East Asia. After lunch, steps again into history with a half-day walking tour in Hoi An historic town. We will guide you through the small alleys and together we will discover some of the most ancient building in town.
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Where UNESCO meets UNESCO in Vietnam; the protection of World Heritage Sites around the world has taken a primary position in preserving the ancient landmarks of times gone by. The development of Central Vietnam has contributed to what still stands the test of time because of the work done and the guidelines presented to allow visitors admire and wander around these impressive relics. Were taking you on this full day to two amazing feats of human architecture and religion that now are placed on this list the cultural and religious centre of My Son and the yellow-brick houses and shops of charming Hoi An.
Welcomed by your English speaking guide for the day, you will leave your hotel right after breakfast and head into the countryside of Vietnam and to My Son, the once powerful but now extinct centre Champa Kingdom and one of the most outstanding Hindu temple complexes in South East Asia. Dating back to the 4th century, the remains of this temple complex are located in the mountainous District of Duy Xuyen, also where the source of the Thu Bon River resides this river runs like an aorta through central Vietnam and formed the main gateway that made our afternoon visit such an important trading port for merchants. Construction of My Son has taken close to 10 centuries and the design of the temple reflects the devotion to the main Hindu gods. Aside from its religious purpose, the temple and region show clear examples of the ingenuity of the Cham people and their engineering skills in this tough and rugged environment. Guests are able to walk freely among the assigned paths to capture every angle of the 70 classical monuments at My Son with their camera before moving on in direction of Hoi An.Lunch is included at a local restaurant before we head into Hoi An for a leisurely walking afternoon, as your guide points out the numerous landmarks. Hoi Ans name and fame came from its strategic trading location with excellent access to the sea. Influences from India, Japan, France and China still are reminiscent to its current character. Blessed with being cut off from the wars that have put a stamp on the Vietnamese history, much of the old houses and temples have remained intact. In addition to its excellent and compact design, Hoi An is an absolute jewel for walking tours along its well-preserved houses. As you gently feast your eyes on former warehouses and residents of influential people during its thriving trading eras, you will pass landmarks such as an old Chinese communal house, the 400+ year old covered Japanese bridge, the local wet market and browse through the various galleries, textile shops and cafes with ample souvenirs on display to bring back home. Youll love the Thu Bon riverside ambiance where terraces form the perfect base to see visitors and residents pass by. At around 17:00 hrs, you will be dropped off back at your hotel after a full day of UNESCO magnificence.
Inclusions for My Son And Hoi An Full-Day Tour
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
Exclusions for My Son And Hoi An Full-Day Tour
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations,otherwise supplement charges will be applied
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Based on minimum of 2 adults
Minimum age is 2 years
Price for child between 2 and 11 years can be applied for only 1 child per booking
This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in Hoi An and inside Da Nang City centre. Transfers outside these areas such as along Da Nang beaches, harbour area and the Da Nang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Customers are advised that during the TET celebrations (celebration of Vietnamese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal. We appreciate your understanding on this.
We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Hoi An Night Food Tour
- Half-Day Bus Tour of My Son from Hoi An
- DA LAT TEAM RAFTING AND VILLAGES TOUR
- Hoi An My Son Discovery Small Group Tour
- Full-Day My Son Sanctuary Tour from Chan May Port
- Marble Mountains and My Son holly land full day tour from Da Nang
- Hoi An bike tour to the nipa palm village to ride boat and do a herbal farming
- ECO AREA EXPLORING TOUR BY BIKING AND BASKET BOAT SAILING AND FOOT MASSAGE RELAXING AND LUNCH OR DINNER - LOCAL FOOD SET MENU