OverviewVisit two UNESCO World Heritage sites on a full-day tour to My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Ancient Town. In the morning, explore the temple complex of My Son, the seat of the once-powerful Champa Kingdom. Then return to Hoi An for lunch, and take a walking tour of Hoi An Ancient Town with a knowledgeable guide to see sights like the Japanese Covered Bridge. Limited to only seven people, this small-group tour includes entrance fees, lunch, bottled water, transportation, and hotel pickup and drop-off in Danang and Hoi An.
Know More about this tourYour day tour starts with morning pickup at your Hoi An or Danang hotel, followed by a 30-mile (50-km) drive by air-conditioned vehicle to the ancient temple complex of My Son, situated in a beautiful valley.
My Son was the religious and intellectual center of the Champa Kingdom, which flourished on the coast of Vietnam from the 4th to 13th centuries. The monuments of My Son are considered the most important buildings of the Champa Kingdom and were designated as a World Heritage site in 1999.
Walk through the temple complex with your guide and hear about its cultural significance, architectural styles and history. Of the 70-plus structures that once stood here, about 20 remain; several are well-preserved while others have crumbled, some of the damage sustained during the Vietnam War. Your guide points out statues of Hindu deities and explains the influence of Hinduism and India on the Champa Kingdom and temple design.
After your fascinating morning at My Son, return to Hoi An for lunch at a local restaurant before exploring the Ancient Town of Hoi An on foot with your guide. Also a UNESCO World Heritage site, the earliest settlement of Hoi An Ancient Town dates back more than 2,000 years. Its architecture, food and rich culture are evidences of Hindu, Arab and Chinese influences that came through this port town over the years.
Stroll along the pedestrian-only streets, where you guide shows you sights such as the Japanese Covered Bridge with its pagoda, wooden houses that once belonged to prosperous merchants, a local market, and shops that sell silk, handicrafts, clothing, antiques and more.
At the end of your leisurely walk, your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for My Son Sanctuary And Hoi An Ancient Town Small-Group Tour
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for My Son Sanctuary And Hoi An Ancient Town Small-Group Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sun protection
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.