Mycenae And Epidaurus Full Day Trip With Walking Tour In Nafplio - Athens
OverviewExplore with this guided one full day trip from Athens to Nafplio area the remains of the ancient city of Mycenae, the unique Epidaurus theater and enjoy Nafplio, one of the most beautiful cities of Greece.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourDepart from our terminal for one day tour via the coastal National highway for the Corinth canal (short stop). After the Corinth Canal, you enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece . Visit the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. You will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra's, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure. In Mycenae you will have the chance for an optional stop in a pottery factory.
Then, proceed to Nauplion the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress of PALAMIDI and the fortified islet of BOURTZI. It was named after Nafplios, son of Poseidon, and it is home of Palamidis, the local hero of the Trojan war and supposedly the inventor of weights and measures, lighthouses, the first Greek alphabet and the father of the Sophists. After a walking tour of the city, you will have lunch in a restaurant beside the sea with amazing views of Bourtzi islet in the middle of the Port. Those who have selected the option without lunch, will have the time to explore further the city or relax having a nice coffee.
Continue on to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theatre. The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world. Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics. The Argolis (Mycenae - Epidaurus) day tour returns to Athens in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Mycenae And Epidaurus Full Day Trip With Walking Tour In Nafplio
- Free WIFI on the bus
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Mycenae And Epidaurus Full Day Trip With Walking Tour In Nafplio
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Athens Shopping Tour
- Early Morning Athens Marketplace, Acropolis and Parthenon Tour with Pastry Shop Visit
- Athens evening Tour Do what locals do
- A Morning Stroll in Athens with Greek Coffee
- Traditional Greek Food Tasting and Culinary Walking Tour in Athens
- Athens Airport Arrival Transfer: Airport to Athens Hotels Shuttle Bus