Nagarkot - Changunarayan Day Hike From Kathmandu
OverviewThe trip starts from fascinating hill point of Nagarkot at over 2100m. Nagarkot offers one of the best sunrise views along the panoramic Himalayas. The ending point is a UNESCO world heritage listed pagoda temple 'Changu narayan', one of the oldest temples built by King Lichhavi in the 7th Century. The hiking trail gradually descends through the terraced fields. The first part of hike involves amazing cultural encounter of ethnical villages, unaffected by the nearby capital city. While the second part is witnessing beautiful nature along the ridge rich in deciduous forests and sceneries of Majestic Himalayas. This hike is the best option if you are looking for easy adventure in Kathmandu for a day.Highlights Sunrise and panoramic Himalayan views from the Nagarkot Experience ethnic culture and lifestyle Sightseeing of famous Changunarayan Temple Refreshing hike in nature.
Know More about this tour
The Nagarkot - Changunarayan route offers an excellent hike on the outskirts of the Kathmandu Valley. Our guide will receive you from your hotel early in the morning (4:30 AM). Nagarkot is famous for the sunrise view (this package cover breakfast in Nagarkot) so it will be better if you reach there as early as possible. If you dont want the sunrise view you can start the trip from 8:00 AM. It will take 45 minutes to reach Nagarkot from Kathmandu as it is 30 KM away from the city (Thamel). On fine weather day, you can see sunrays hits on the Himalayas including Mt. Everest, Langtang, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Ganesh, etc. After the sunrise view from view Tower, you will back to the restaurant for breakfast. After breakfast, you will jaunt around for a few hours and the hiking journey will start at 8:30 AM.You will walk for the downhill to Telkot (Bhaktapur) within one hour. Along the trail you will pass along the local villages, traditional agricultural fields of mustard and wheat on the terrace (Seasonal), stone built a thatched house, cattle grazing on fields. Then continue hiking down to the Changu Narayan temple; which takes a couple of hours leisure walk along the beautiful nature. Around 11:30 AM we will reach the Changu Narayan temple. It will be a unique experience jaunting in the 5th century temple. After the sightseeing, you will have your lunch there and at 2:00 pm we will drive back to Kathmandu.
4:30 AM: Drive to Nagarkot
5:15 AM: Reach Nagarkot
5:15 AM to 6:00 AM: Sunrise view
6:00 AM 8:30 AM: Breakfast and jaunting around
8:30 AM to 11:30 AM: Hiking from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan Temple
11:30 AM to 2:00 PM: Visit the Changu Narayan temple and Lunch
2:00 PM Drive back to Kathmandu
Inclusions for Nagarkot - Changunarayan Day Hike From Kathmandu
- Private transportation
- Breakfast in Nagarkot
- Professional english speaking tour and hiking guide
- Bottled mineral water for drinking.
Exclusions for Nagarkot - Changunarayan Day Hike From Kathmandu
- Travel Insurance
- All City sightseeing entrance fees
- Items of a personal nature
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ghorepani poon hill trek
- Mera Peak Climbing
- Langtang Region Panoramic Heli Tour
- Full Day Bhaktapur Changunarayan And Nagarkot Tour in Nepal
- Full Day Private Cultural and Historical Tour in Kathmandu Valley
- Kathmandu Shivapuri National Park and Nagarkot Hiking - 3 Days
- Bhaktapur and Kathmandu Cultural Tour
- Everest Circuit Trek