OverviewOn this small-group trek, hike to Nagarkot, situated 32 km east of Kathmandu at an elevation about 1950 meters above the sea level and one of the most popular destinations for adventure enthusiasts. This route passes through small villages and farmlands with great views of the Himalayan ranges including Lantang Himal (7246m), Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Sisapanma ( 8013m), Manaslu (8162m), Gaurishanker (7145m) and Mt Everest (8848m), the highest peak in the world. This is an exotic marvelous spot in the Kathmandu valley to go trekking and gives a great perception of what trekking is like in the highlands region.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourThe day trip begins with a scenic drive from Tridevi Marga, Thamel to Sankhu (the trekking starting point). Sankhu Village is a famous pilgrimage site in the Kathmandu Valley. In the village, there is the Temple for Bajrajogini, the Tantric Goddess, which was built around the 17th century. Religiously, it became famous since the 4th century for Hindus and Buddhist devotees.
Commence the trek through a beautiful agricultural terrace, typical villages, and a pine and rhododendron forest. Trekkers can enjoy the natural beauty, the spectacular views of the snowy mountains, and the beautiful Nepalese villages. In addition, you will have a great chance to chat with local people and experience local customs during the over the course of the trek.
We will have lunch at Tea houses in Kartikya Bhanjyang on the way tour. From this place provides excellent views of Himalayan ranges and beautiful landscapes and typical villages.
From the summit, you will have incredible views of the Himalayan ranges including Lantang Himal (7246m), Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Sisapanma ( 8013m), Manaslu (8162m), Gaurishanker (7145m) and Mt Everest (8848m), the highest peak in the world. Once you reach Nagarkot you will then embark on an hour drive back to Kathmandu and will be dropped off back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Nagarkot Guided Day Trek From Kathmandu
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Nagarkot Guided Day Trek From Kathmandu
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Hotel pickup
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Tour: Explore 3 Durbar Squares In Kathmandu
- Full-Day Yoga And Meditation Experience In Kathmandu
- Private Kathmandu Valley Day Tour
- Full Day Nagarkot And Changunarayan Hiking Tour From Kathmandu
- Private Tour: Kathmandu Temples From Thamel
- Private Day Trip To Bungmati And Khokana Villages
- Private Day Hike From Nagarkot To Changunarayan
- Himalayan White Water Rafting Day Trip From Kathmandu
- Private Hiking Day Trip In Champadevi
- Private Transfer: Kathmandu Hotels To Kathmandu Domestic Airport