This trip offers mountain views, sunrise at Nagarkot as well as the most interesting of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Changu Narayan. The trip includes private vehicle, private guide and entrance fees. Meals are not included.
This trip offers a fantastic combination of scenery, culture and heritage. The trek is easy and enjoyable as it is mostly downhill. It is ideal for beginning trekkers who want to try a day hike as well as to enjoy the local heritage.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourThe day begins when it is still dark (about 4am – 5am depends on season) as a private vehicle leaves the hotel in Kathmandu and makes its way toward Nagarkot Hill about 42Km drive to watch one of the finest sunrises over the mighty Himalayas. On a clear day, you can see the ranges of Gosainkunda, Ganesh Himal, Mt. Manaslu and the Annapurna Mountains. The sun's rays first begin to light up the sky, turning the snowcapped peaks from grey to pink before the rising sun turns the snow a most brilliant white. The scene is absolutely breathtaking.
Enjoy then a hearty breakfast about 7am at one of the many fine restaurants at Nagarkot (breakfast not included in price of tour). About 8am the guide will lead you after breakfast on the trail toward Changu Narayan. This trail passes through Brahmin and Tamang villages. Watch the people as they farm the terraced farms that hang on the sides of the hill overlooking the Kathmandu Valley. On clear days, there are great views of the Himalayas along this trail.
The trek is about 3 to 4 hours to the smallest and least visited of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Changu Narayan. Here discover a wonderful little Newari village where they still do wood and stone carvings like they have done over the centuries.
Changu Narayan, because of its location receives the least amount of visitors of the World Heritage Sites, yet is a real gem. The oldest temple in the valley is atop the hill in the village.
There is an opportunity to experience Newari food for lunch in Changu Narayan (not included in price of tour). The people of the village are very friendly and accommodating, demonstrating true Newari hospitality.
The return trip to Kathmandu about 1pm is by private vehicle that goes straight back to the hotel. The day trip concludes here and enjoys your hiking trip with us!
Inclusions for Nagarkot Sunrise View And Day Hiking From Kathmandu
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Nagarkot Sunrise View And Day Hiking From Kathmandu
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If your hotel is out of ring road, client has to pay additional charge for pick up drop
Please note: This tour will depart regardless of weather conditions. No refund will be given in the event that the weather limits views of Sunrise & Mountains
In the event of poor weather or bad traffic conditions, tour itinerary is subject to change without notice. No cancellations or refunds will be issued. See voucher for details
We recommend you bring warm clothing during winter
Wheelchair is not accessible
Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.