Nagi Ghompa Hidden Monastery Day Hike From Kathmandu
OverviewEscape the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu city for a day to hike one of the least visited Buddhist monastery located in Shivapuri area - "Nagi Ghompa". Walk through the forest with an excellent view of the Kathmandu valley floor with its Himalayan ranges. Get a chance for a close encounter with birds, local people and wild flora fauna inside Shivapuri National Park.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Hotel pickup included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYour guide will come and meet you in the lobby of your hotel around 9am. You'll be driven to Budanilakantha located on the Shivapuri foothills which is the holiest shrine for Hindu followers in Nepal. This Narayan (Lord Vishnu) Statue is believed to be 1000 years old.
You'll start your hike through the dense forest area inside Shivapuri national Park. This park is dotted with several waterfalls and typical village settlements. The Shivapuri area is famous for bird watching tours, sighting wildlife and seeing wild fauna in its natural habitat.
You'll reach Nagi Ghompa and spend some time there as you trek down to the Budanilakantha area. You'll visit a local temple there. You'll then drive back to Kathmandu and be dropped off at your hotel by 3pm.
Inclusions for Nagi Ghompa Hidden Monastery Day Hike From Kathmandu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Thamel area by private vehicle
- Day Hike to Nagi Ghompa escorted by a local guide
- Park fees as applicable
Exclusions for Nagi Ghompa Hidden Monastery Day Hike From Kathmandu
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.