Nahuel Huapi Lake Sightseeing Cruise With Victoria Island And Arrayan Forest Nature Walk - Bariloche
OverviewEnjoy a sightseeing cruise on spectacular Nahuel Huapi Lake and visit two unique forest habitats on this day trip from Bariloche. Ride a catamaran to Quetrihu Peninsula and enjoy a nature walk through the remaining arrayn forest in Los Arrayanes National Park. Then, stroll through a coniferous forest on Victoria Island, with amazing views of the lake and its surroundings.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your hotel in Bariloche by your guide, board a comfortable catamaran at Puerto Pauelo, situated at the foot of the famous Llao-Llao Hotel. Set sail for an hour-long ride on beautiful Nahuel Huapi Lake located within Nahuel Huapi National Park and admire the scenic views from every angle as you enjoy a lunch break aboard the boat (available for purchase or bring your own).
First, head to Victoria Island, the largest island on Nahuel Huapi Lake, and disembark at Puerto Anchorena. Enjoy a guided walk along several trails through the lush coniferous forest; your guide will show you a variety of trees both native and introduced including sequoias, birches, firs, aromos and pines.
If you visit during summer months, dip into the lake at Toro Beach if youd like, or take the chair lift up Cerro Bella Vista (Bella Vista Hill), situated 2,950 feet (900 meters) above sea level and flanked by enormous coihue and cypress trees. Enjoy panoramic views of Victoria Island and magnificent Nahuel Huapi Lake, followed by a break at an island snack bar (own expense).
Next, disembark at Quetrihu Peninsula for a guided walk through the arrayn forest in Los Arrayanes National Park a unique forest growing on the southern tip of the peninsula. A narrow isthmus to the mainland, in which the picturesque town of Villa Angostura resides, joins 2,470 acres (1,000 hectares) that comprise the Quetrihu Peninsula the only place in the world where the arrayns grow into full-sized trees.
Stroll along 2,000 feet (600 meters) of walkway and admire the singular beauty of the hundred-year-old arrayn trees, whose cinnamon-colored bark is cold to the touch and peels off in flakes, giving the trunk its unique appearance. Depending on the season, keep an eye out for their white flowers and pleasant-tasting purple fruit, popular in Argentina and Chile.
Your guide will point out a small cabin built in the middle of the forest, where you might also glimpse the pud (a miniature species of South American deer) that inhabit the area. The worlds smallest deer, they are said to have inspired the famous Walt Disney character Bambi.
After a full day exploring, you'll be transported back to Bariloche.
Inclusions for Nahuel Huapi Lake Sightseeing Cruise With Victoria Island And Arrayan Forest Nature Walk
- Sightseeing cruise and hike
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Nahuel Huapi Lake Sightseeing Cruise With Victoria Island And Arrayan Forest Nature Walk
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (approx. USD 15)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Note: Tour available in Spanish (morning and afternoon departure) and English (afternoon departure)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lake Nahuel Huapi Full-Day Kayaking Trip From Bariloche
- Andean Chain of Lakes Journey from Bariloche to Puerto Varas
- Half Day Flyfishing Or Spinning In The Limay River
- Half Day Fishing Trip On The Nahuel Huapi- Moreno Or Gutirrez Lakes
- Stand Up Rafting Limay River From Bariloche
- San Carlos de Bariloche to Puerto Varas 1-day Cruise
- Bariloche Sightseeing Tour