Enjoy a full day tour of Nairobi city and National Park and take the perfect opportunity to learn about Kenyan history, discover the distinctive rhythms of the âgreen city in the sunâ by visiting the Nairobi National Park, The David Sheldrick Elephant orphanage, Giraffe Centre. Enjoy a Sumptuous lunch at the Carnivore restaurant, with afternoon visits to the Karen Blixen Museum and Kazuri Beads.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Begin with pickup at your hotel in the morning and embark on a guided tour of Nairobi, which is the capital of Kenya and boasts one of the finest climates in the world.
From here proceed to the Nairobi National Park tour for a game viewing in search of wild animals. The Park is situated 6 miles (10 km) from the heart of Kenya’s capital. Established in 1946, it has 44 square miles (114 square km) of pristine savanna with a large population of migratory game animals. Stay on the lookout for black rhinos, lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, buffalos, giraffes, zebras, and wildebeest, as well as countless species of wild birds.
Later on exit the park and proceed to the David Sheldrick Elephant orphanage, where young orphaned elephants are brought up, after being rescued and fed till they are mature to be released to the wild. Thereafter you will Visit the Giraffe Centre. Here you will get to see the friendly Rothschild’s Giraffe close enough from an elevated tower.
Drive to Tamambo Karen Blixen restaurant for hot lunch, in the afternoon you will visit the Karen Blixen Museum. Located on the outskirts of Nairobi on Karen road. Its history dates back to 1914, during the First World War, with the arrival of Karen Blixen from Denmark. At the foot of Ngong Hills, Karen Blixen established herself as a farmer. After her departure in 1931, the suburbs retained the commemorative home of Karen. The Danish government donated the house, and the surrounding land to Kenya after independence. The house was restored by the Danish government, and was used during the filming of "Out of Africa" which immortalized Karen Blixen's book by the same name. The museum was opened to the public in 1986.
Lastly you visit Kazuri beads. Kazuri, means “small and beautiful” in Swahili. It was started in 1975 as a tiny workshop experimenting on making handmade beads. The factory is located in what used to be part of the Karen Blixen Estate (of the Academy Award winning film "Out of Africa" fame. Later you will be dropped off at the hotel.
Inclusions for Nairobi City And National Park Guided Day Tour
- Pick up and drop off at your Nairobi City hotel
- Transportation with services of a professional English-speaking driver guide
- All entry fees included in the itinerary
- Activities as mentioned
- 1 liter bottled water is complimentary
- Lunch at Tamambo Karen Blixen restaurant.
Exclusions for Nairobi City And National Park Guided Day Tour
- Personal Insurance and baggage insurance
- All drinks and meals unless otherwise stated
- All tips and porterage
- Personal expenses unless otherwise stated
- Any other services not mentioned above
- Any optional or additional activities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
other languages on request
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.