Nairobi Cultural Experience Guided Day Tour
OverviewThis tour is a short trip offering you the opportunity to see the city within a short time and discover Nairobi's beauty, culture and history.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourYour tour starts after your hotel pick-up around 9:30am and then continue on to the Daphne Sheldrick is a worldclass conservation figure and the premier authority on the successful raising of milkdependent infant elephant and rhino orphans. Daphne Sheldrick's Animal Orphanage, can be only be visited for an hour every day between 11am and noon.During this hour the baby elephants are brought out to play and to feed, and visitors can watch them from behind a rope. Wardens are on hand to explain the work of the orphanage and to answer any questions.
Continue on to the Giraffe Centre. Established by Jock and Betty Leslie-Melville in 1979 as a sanctuary for the rare Rothschild giraffe.Here a resident expert also presents a private briefing on the centers work to save the endangered Rothschild giraffe.
Around 2pm, continue on to the Karen Blixen Museum located on the outskirts of Nairobi on Karen road. Its history dates back to 1914, during the First World War, with the arrival of Karen Blixen from Denmark.The house was restored by the Danish government, and was used during the filming of "Out of Africa" which immortalized Karen Blixen's book by the same name. The museum was opened to the public in 1986.Bomas of Kenya ("Boma" is the Swahili word for homestead). This part of the tour focuses mainly on Kenyas rich culture where the 42 different tribes of the country are exhibited through dance, songs and homesteads. At the Bomas of Kenya currently there are thirty seven (37) different traditional dances collected from different tribes of Kenya.The tribal cultural shows start everyday from 2.30pm - 4pm and display tribal talent in music, dance, theatre/drama, fashion show, poetry/recitals, comedies, sports and games, exhibitions, seminars, beauty contests and body building.
Masai Markets in Nairobi were started by Masai women who wanted to sell directly to visitors. Masai Markets have blossomed over the years.For a wonderful selection of arts and crafts, wooden carvings and bead work, you can't go wrong at the Nairobi Masai Markets. These are held around the city at different venues on different days.Not exclusively sold by the "Masai" these vibrant, colorful markets sell mainly tourist fare ranging from wooden sculptures, beaded necklaces, batik wall hangings, shoes, soap stone carvings, sisal bags, kikois, textiles and more. All Maasai Markets items are Kenyan and the range of goods on offer is impressive.
Inclusions for Nairobi Cultural Experience Guided Day Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
Exclusions for Nairobi Cultural Experience Guided Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees all attractions are not included .pay onsite 5$ David Sheldrick elephant orphanage15$ 25$.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Born Free, Adamson's Museum and Lake Naivasha Day Tour from Nairobi
- 5-Day Hiking Mount Kenya Via Chogoria Route From Nairobi
- Hell's Gate National Park: Full-Day Adventure
- Nairobi Nightlife Experience with Dinner
- Guided Day Tour in Nairobi: Sheldrick Trust Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center and Maasai Market
- Hells Gate National Park Walking Tour with Elsamere Conservation Park Visit from Nairobi