Nairobi Guided Day Tour To Masai Ostrich Farm
OverviewAmazing opportunity to view and hand-feed dozens of ostriches, and if the weather is good, you can even take an ostrich ride! See boasting two types of ostriches, Maasai and Somali, you will not only get to tour the farm but you can also ride them too. It is fun, especially for the courageous ones. It also gives a lovely picture opportunity. The tour of the farm takes almost half an hour depending on how inquisitive you are and what picture opportunities you will get out of your tour. It is very interesting seeing ostriches in different stages of growth and sizes.
Know More about this tour
The day tour start by picking you from your Nairobi Hotel 8:00AM and drive through Mombasa road from the city centre and 10 minutes from the Kitengela-Namanga highway.
Masai Ostrich Resort/Park is located 45 kilometers from Nairobi on the Athi River/Kitengela Plains and 30 minutes from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The Ostrich Farm supplies Kenya and overseas countries with Ostrich Meat, Feathers, Skins and Livestock since 1991. The Ostriches have been trained and ridden for many years. People all over the world continue to experience riding this giant sized bird. Masai Ostrich Park is a fairly popular tourist destination as it is a place where Jockeys train for Ostrich racing.
Ostrich races are held at the farm on Sundays and occasionally at the Ngong Racecourse in Nairobi. A visit to Ostrich farm with a guided tour enables you learn about Ostrich rearing from an egg to a fully grown Ostrich. An ostrich is slaughtered at 8 months because the quality and taste of its meat is achieved during that period of growth. There is also the opportunity to view and hand-feed the ostriches, and if the weather is good, you can even take an ostrich ride!
Inclusions for Nairobi Guided Day Tour To Masai Ostrich Farm
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Ostrich Ride
Exclusions for Nairobi Guided Day Tour To Masai Ostrich Farm
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3 DAYS PRIVATE SAFARI TO MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK AND KEEKOROK LODGE
- 3 DAYS PRIVATE SAFARI TO MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK AND AA LODGE
- WILD PHOTO EXPEDITION KENYA
- 2 Days Amboseli Safari
- 4-Days Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru Luxury Safari All Inclusive
- Lake Nakuru Day Trip From Nairobi
- Giraffe Centre and David Sheldrick Half Day Tour
- Nairobi by Night Experience