Nairobi Half Day Tour To David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
OverviewTake a day out of Nairobi's hustle and bustle and head to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Witness Visiting the only Elephant Orphanage within the city of Nairobi meeting some of the largest mammals on earth and learn about their lives and how they survive in the wild. The visit takes place during feeding time viewing is strictly between 11:00 to 12:00
Know More about this tour
The tour starts by picking you from your Hotel/Home within Nairobi 9:30AM.
We will drive you to David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust have a walk through the little center from 11am - 12pm in an open space, with a rope fence around it. The youngest elephants come trotting out of the bush to greet their keepers who stand at the ready with giant bottles of milk. For the next 10-15 minutes you can watch each little one slurp and gargle their milk. When they're done, there's water to play with and keepers to nudge and get hugs from. While you get to watch them play and take photos. You find out how old they were when they arrived at the orphanage, where they were rescued from, and what got them into trouble. The most common reasons for getting orphaned being: mother's poached, falling into wells, and human/wildlife conflict. Once the youngest are all fed, they are led back into the bush, and it's the turn of the 2-3 year olds. Some of them can feed themselves, and some are still fed by their keepers. It's very cute to watch them hold their giant milk bottles in their trunks and close their eyes with joy as they make quick work of several gallons of milk.
Inclusions for Nairobi Half Day Tour To David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Nairobi Half Day Tour To David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3 DAYS PRIVATE SAFARI TO MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK AND KEEKOROK LODGE
- 3 DAYS PRIVATE SAFARI TO MAASAI MARA NATIONAL PARK AND AA LODGE
- WILD PHOTO EXPEDITION KENYA
- 2 Days Amboseli Safari
- 4-Days Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru Luxury Safari All Inclusive
- Lake Nakuru Day Trip From Nairobi
- Giraffe Centre and David Sheldrick Half Day Tour
- Nairobi by Night Experience