Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center, Karen Blixen Museum And Bomas Of Kenya Day Tour
OverviewDiscover the abundance of wildlife in Nairobi including Nairobi National Park, the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, the Giraffe Center, the Karen Blixen Museum and Bomas of Kenya!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourThe tour starts with hotel pick-up from your hotel at 6:30am. The first visit is the Nairobi national park which is located approximately 4 miles (7 kilometers) from the city of Nairobi, Kenya's capital. Species found in the park include buffalo, baboon, rhinoceros, zebra, cheetah, gazelles, hippo, leopard, lion etc.
The next visit is to the David Sheldricks which is a worldclass conservation figure and the premier authority on the successful raising of milkdependent infant elephant and rhino orphans. Daphne Sheldrick's Animal Orphanage, can be only be visited for an hour every day between 11am and noon.During this hour the baby elephants are brought out to play and to feed, and visitors can watch them from behind a rope. Wardens are on hand to explain the work of the orphanage and to answer any questions.
The next visit is the Giraffe centre which was Established by Jock and Betty Leslie-Melville in 1979 as a sanctuary for the rare Rothschild giraffe. Here a resident expert also presents a private briefing on the Centres work to save the endangered Rothschild giraffe.
At this time you break for lunch in a nearby restaurant (not included).
After enjoying your lunch you either visit the Karen blixen museum or Bomas of Kenya,Karen blixen is located on the outskirts of Nairobi on Karen road. Its history dates back to 1914, during the First World War, with the arrival of Karen Blixen from Denmark. At the foot of Ngong Hills, Karen Blixen established herself as a farmer. After her departure in 1931, the suburbs retained the commemorative home of Karen. The Danish government donated the
house, and the surrounding land to Kenya after independence.
The Bomas of Kenya. This part of the tour focuses mainly on Kenyas rich culture where the 42 different tribes of the country are exhibited through dance, songs and homesteads. At the Bomas of Kenya currently there are thirty seven (37) different traditional dances collected from different tribes of Kenya.The tribal cultural shows start everyday from 2:30pm - 4pm and display tribal talent in music, dance, theatre/drama, fashion show, poetry/recitals, comedies, sports and games, exhibitions, seminars, beauty contests and body building.
When done enjoying the activities in Bomas of Kenya you will be dropped off at your hotel around 4:30pm.
Inclusions for Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center, Karen Blixen Museum And Bomas Of Kenya Day Tour
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Center, Karen Blixen Museum And Bomas Of Kenya Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children 0-8 years attend for free with an accompanied adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Airport Transfers in Nairobi
- Lake Nakuru National Park Day Trip from Nairobi
- 3-Night Safari from Nairobi: Lake Nakuru and Masai Mara
- Hell's Gate National Park: Full-Day Adventure
- Carnivore Restaurant: A Unique Eating Experience in Nairobi
- Nairobi Airport Transfer Shuttles
- Full-Day Ol Pejeta Conservancy and Chimpanzee Sanctuary Tour from Nairobi
- Carnivore Restaurant Dinner Experience in Nairobi